585,973 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Importing .dxf into Lasercut 5.3?

When I import a dxf file into Lasercut, the scale gets all out of whack. I use corel draw and autocad to design, export in millimeters, or inches, both come into laser cut with the same scale issue. It looks like it makes the file slightly bigger than normal. Any suggestions?

Are you saying the piece you cut is slightly larger. If it is then do what I did
    I have a 900 x 600 laser - I drew a 500 x 800 rectangle (just some corner reference marks) - I checked that it fitted the grid on the lasercut screen (it did) and then lasered it onto a piece of plywood. I then measured the actual cut size - it was out so I adjusted the increment setting of the stepper motors to compensate for it. It is easy - if it cuts 805 instead of 800 - adjust it by 1.00625% - I had to do it a couple of times but in the end I got it as near as I could measure with a steel ruler. I am sorry, I am at work so I cant tell you exactly where this is adjusted but it is in the File /Options screen.

Thanks, I'll give that increment setting a shot and let you know, I'm guessing its in the "machine options" under "work table" and "pulse unit"?

Yes , that sounds about right - as I say, I am not at home in front of my machine
    I ended up with a different figure on the x and Y axis.
    You must check that it lines up with the grid on the 5.3 main screen as close as you can zoom into first, to make sure nothing funny is happening with the import conversion.
    That was my concern initially

It worked! Thanks a million. Man, I spent hours today trying to figure this out, after tweaking the pulse rating a few times to match a ruler, I got it scaled right.

Thanks again!