585,767 active members*
4,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Mori Seiki JR PLC programs

Hello!
    I'd need help with my mori seiki JR. We just bought it and established that it's out of function. Our service man established that problem comes out of special card that fanuc10M made for seiki. PC cassette writes on it. We'd like to try to reprogram EProms that are propably lighted and lost the data. So I'd need the PLC program for that machine. If someone understands and know what I'm talking about, please help!
    Thanks!

Yes, I understand. You will need to contact Mori with the machine serial number and have them burn a new PC cassette. It will take several months to get it.

oh no! I contacted mori already before and don't like the procedure with them. To get their help costs us too much and we don't have the time to wait. I have a great service man that could reprogram EProm's itself but he needs that program. He also says that a program could be made from ladder diagram but that is also a bit complicated. Do you maybe know for some other solution? Maybe some used card? Would that be good? I'm from europe (Croatia ) so if someone else could help please!

There are at least 3 different MVjR's that I know of. You will have to get one from a identical machine. The very early ones even had an umbrella tool changer. Later ones had the side mount, and even later ones had the newer tool unclamp system with a cam type gearbox. The ladder diagrams should be available, but it would be a huge amount of labor to transfer from a printed book to the PC cassette. Since cassettes haven't been used in 20+ years, not something most companies have laying around.

hm.. now, that's a start.. ok, for now i'll wait a day or two, maybe comes some solution.. thanks underthetire!

Did you read this thread? Is your cassette the same as post #26 & #45?
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111068
    Do you have a hard copy of the ladder?
    If so, you may get someone with a FAPT programmer to type the program in and burn a couple of eproms.
    Long process but in the event of nothing else it would work.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

hello! Sorry for my late post. Al The Man, that's the card my seiki has. I'll read the post tomorrow till end. I don't have the hard copy of ladder, that's what I'm looking for. I mean, I have ladder diagram on paper but i need that program in digital form if that's what you mean. I know a man that can program those eproms. Can I contact you tomorrow on PM when I examine that post ?

Post mv jr

hello,
    may be we can help you, but we need to know what is written exactly on the eprom, because , there is a lot of different kind of plc created by mori seiki for the mv Junior. But, just one question, are you sure the plc is faultly and not the pcb fanuc (a02B-****-****)
    What letter did you get on the master pcb ?? I think it is "J"
    tell me more

hello! tmbruno, it's like this.. First error that wrote was E and after i think it was J. My servicer said that a cassette B is out of order and that's what you said. Part no is A02B-0076-K002. the plastic cover on that cassette wasn't attached to it like it should so suppose that eproms were lighted. please tell me if you have some solution!

Wink

the eproms can stay at daylight for very long years.... just one question, are the eproms welded on the pcb ?? if they aren't, you can try to read them on a rom writer and be sure that one is broken, at many times, the matter is on the pcb and not on the eproms
    if not, normaly, you can found the reference of the plc in the data sheet or at the first page of the ladder diagramm

Thank you people! We changed mori for leadwell mcv550 with meldas M0 control. We had no patience and time to repair it. To register to mori and then to wait for that card for few weeks isn't that simple. Now I need start searching manuals for M0. Uf..

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

sys 10/11 pc casette

hi all,i just read this thread whilst looking for something else and it reminded me of a job i did this summer.

i had a similar fault on a mori ZL25 with 11TTF, it had a J on the masterboard on pwr up so i tried a casette from another machine and it booted (with estop in) with an mh50 machining centre pmc.

I desoldered the roms from the original casette and put them in bases on another spare casette and it worked and is still working.
    i backed the roms up whilst it was working just in case. i think the casettes fail before the roms.

its the second one i have done this year, the other was an old DSG lathe i think it was an 80's retrofit