584,805 active members*
5,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > IDC B8001 servodrive manual request
Page 1 of 2 12

IDC B8001 servodrive manual request

Hi,

I have a machine that uses IDC B8001 servodrives. Manual of the drives seems to be lost. Does anybody have a pdf copy of this manual? I have looked at te Kollmorgen website but it's not there; only the "B8961 and B8962 manual" is available.

Thank you very much.

Here's a copy. I used to work for Kollmorgen, I have lots of their documentation and a lot of their obsolete components in stock where I currently work, especially BDS4, BDS5 and Servostar CD drives.

Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Matt Adams - Motion Control Application Engineer
    IMAC Motion Control - Elgin, IL

Thank you very much for your answer.
    It seems that my drive had a tracking error. I had to replace a faulty drive (doesn't power on anymore). Perhaps that the configuration file I have downloaded in the new drive hasn't the good parameters. I'll check it.
    The two machines must still last one year before retrofit. I hope that I will have no more problems, because all spare drives I have are defect.

Hi Matt. Beat me to the punch sending this Hope all is good with you.

Hi all,
    I have a fault IDC B8001 servodrive. I want to get the configuration file from the fault one to download into the spare one. Please introduce me the software or send me the link to download this software. Tks.

I have the software; there is no link anymore as this product is long obsolete. Post an email address that i can send software to that will accept exe files & size to 12mb and I will email to you.

Hi Mike,
    My mail is [email protected] or [email protected]. Thank you so much.

emailed to both addresses two emails: one 12mb, other 3mb. not sure which of the 2 programs u want. let us know if they come thru ok. both zip files

Hi Mike,
    I've received them, I will try connecting to upload the configuration file.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    emailed to both addresses two emails: one 12mb, other 3mb. not sure which of the 2 programs u want. let us know if they come thru ok. both zip files
    Any chance you can also send me a copy of the program? el_gotico at me.com. Thanks

Re: IDC B8001 servodrive manual request

Quote Originally Posted by el_gotico View Post
    Any chance you can also send me a copy of the program? el_gotico at me.com. Thanks
    sure, but I have no clue what you want. Hell, I can't remember stuff from 1 month ago, let alone 3 years ago! If u tell me WHAT you want, and I can provide it, I will.

sure, but I have no clue what you want. Hell, I can't remember stuff from 1 month ago, let alone 3 years ago! If u tell me WHAT you want, and I can provide it, I will.
    I'm looking for the configuration program for the B8001 controller. Thanks for your help

Same 2 you sent to hoteltango so I may see which one works for me. I'm in the same situation he had. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_gotico View Post
    I'm looking for the configuration program for the B8001 controller. Thanks for your help
    sorry, been busy here. email sent with 2 programs and manual

I downloaded ServorTuner software from Kollmorgen web site. It ask for a password to download motor parameters to drive.Does anybody know the password?
    Password is not for the drive it is for the software.

Message box says "The configuration file load has been cancelled due to write protection. locate or reset the PIN number for this drive."

so it could be PIN for drive itself, my original drive does not have a PIN, this came up only with the spare drive.

Just to give some background, Original drive was configured using ServoTuner V 3.3. This software version did not communicate with spare drive. SO I downloaded latest version from Kollmorgen which is Version 3.5.8. This version ask for PIN to overwrite drive configuration. I am not sure where to get the PIN. Spare drive is brand new. Not configured to any motor before.

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but here is info from one of the app engineers in response to my asking your question, as a distributor of this stuff, for you:

The ServoTuner software has a user established password. To get around that password, search for a file called "quickset.ini". Open it as a text file in Notepad. The value of line item "ppItem25" is the password. You can read it and use it, or you can change it and use the new one. I think you can delete it (the value, not the entire line item), and then there will be no password required.

Thanks Mike! I was able to download config files after changing password!

Thanks for the quick help!

I have new drives that when I tried to use both of them gives same error 6 (Encorder counter over speed) when I tried to go above 3000rpm.
    No error below 3000rmp.
    I've changed motor/encorder but problem remains.
    If I change the drive with an older version from a running tool no issue found. Problem follows the drive.
    Problem drive firmware version is TEK(32DA41 V2.08 9D24(3)

Older drives with firmware TEK(32DA41 V2.04 432D(3) works fine without issue.

Any idea how to downgrade firmware to older version?

- - - Updated - - -

I need to run the motor at 4800rpm

Page 1 of 2 12