585,715 active members*
3,846 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller
Page 119 of 121 1969109117118119120121
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2415

Re: Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

Still in the same boat.

bumtown. Well I HAVE to solve it...soooo I'll let you know when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grift View Post
    Still in the same boat.
    http://www.vhipe.com/product-private...structions.pdf

page 25

check voltage at "POT" or "Pin 8 VFD Output", does it increase? Does the voltage drop back to a 5000 rpm setting ??

Been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. I ordered a SuperPID a week and some change ago along with the 10 day delivery+tracking uplift. I haven't heard from the vendor and several emails asking about installation specifics have been unanswered. I asked around on Reddit and found at least one other person with the same problem.

Does anyone know if the SuperPID folks are still in business? Obviously, the world has some issues these days and I'm happy to wait but thus far all I've gotten is dead air.

Another 10 days, still no response. Emails unanswered and the paypal email address provided bounces as non-deliverable.

The store is still up and running an accepting payment, but there is no sign that anyone is there doing anything (except maybe collecting those payments). Paypal gives me 180 days to file a dispute so I'm going to let this ride for a while but.... this isn't a good look. Anyone interested in this product might want to look elsewhere.

Good Luck
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

It appears that, Roman Black, the chap that put the SuperPID together has not been seen in any of the many forum's he used to frequent, or his web site since the 2014's .
    I did contact the Co who seems to have been marketing it about a year ago and they said they would 'forward' a question I had to him.
    But I suspect there is another story!
    The site that is marketing it is still up?
    He has some interesting designs on his (Roman Black) site.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I had a tech question about 6 months this ago that took a week to get back with me on but they did respond.

If you don't want to go for a spindle the super PID is worth waiting on.

Update with some good news: 3 weeks after placing my order, I finally received an email saying that they are in fact still alive and "Hoping that your order will ship to you in the next few days." So, with some hopes and dreams, I might actually get one of these things shipped some day. Hate to think how long this would have taken if I didn't pay extra for the fast shipping option

Congrats that's great let us know when you recive your shipment.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Remember that a large part of the world has been shut down for two months....
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Remember that a large part of the world has been shut down for two months....
    Understood, but the traditional approach has been up update your website saying as much, or maybe close down your store and stop accepting orders. If you're not going to bother to do those things, wouldn't hurt to occasionally check your emails for new orders and set some expectations with the customer.

I'm not in a huge hurry here so it's no big deal, but I also sell small electronic devices online and... let's say I wouldn't do it like this. If I'm going to be accepting money from people, I take it upon myself to have the product ready to ship and to do so within a reasonable time. If I can't do those things, I turn off my store and stop accepting orders. I'm a one-man shop and I occasionally take vacation (or run out of parts), so this is a normal occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    Understood, but the traditional approach has been up update your website saying as much, or maybe close down your store and stop accepting orders. If you're not going to bother to do those things, wouldn't hurt to occasionally check your emails for new orders and set some expectations with the customer.

I'm not in a huge hurry here so it's no big deal, but I also sell small electronic devices online and... let's say I wouldn't do it like this. If I'm going to be accepting money from people, I take it upon myself to have the product ready to ship and to do so within a reasonable time. If I can't do those things, I turn off my store and stop accepting orders. I'm a one-man shop and I occasionally take vacation (or run out of parts), so this is a normal occurrence.
    I agree customer service is paramount.

Update with some good news: 3 weeks after placing my order, I finally received an email saying that they are in fact still alive and "Hoping that your order will ship to you in the next few days." So, with some hopes and dreams, I might actually get one of these things shipped some day. Hate to think how long this would have taken if I didn't pay extra for the fast shipping option
    I agree with others, that this is a very unusual time, but it is great news that your order is coming your way. You are going to love your Super-PID. I've had mine for quite some time and love it for how well it works and for how well it is designed and built. I'm using mine with the appropriately modification of a Porter Cable 890 router, going on 10 years now.

Let us know how you like it.
    airnocker
    Everything depends on everything else

I emailed them 5 times and it took them so long to get back to me that I found one on eBay for 1/3rd the price. I just got it running tonight, spindle on/off, speed control and tach feedback into the software all working nicely.

I am trying to set up my new SuperPID, but cannot seem to get the PWM speed control to work. I tried searching through this 120 page thread, but didn't find anything.

I am using GRBL 1.1 Mega-5x and have connected the spindle speed control to PortH-Pin4/D7 to an Arduino Mega 2560. D7 is a PWM out pin. That is wired to the PWM input on the SuperPID and the POT/VS inputs jumped together. GRBL variables are set to: $30 = 30000 and $31 = 0. For what its worth, INVERT_SPINDLE_ENABLE_PIN has been uncommented and is working as expected.

M3 will turn on the spindle, but at FULL SPEED. It ignores the S value.

A multimeter to the PWM speed pin confirms voltage. Likewise, if I set the speed to below the S5000 threshold, the router will not turn on. Above S5000 I get FULL SPEED regardless of the speed I set. The software appears to be altering the duty cycle as expected. For some reason the SuperPID does not seem to be regulating the output to the router.

Manual operation with the potentiometer works as expected.

Any suggestion as to what I could troubleshoot or what might be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
    I am trying to set up my new SuperPID, but cannot seem to get the PWM speed control to work. I tried searching through this 120 page thread, but didn't find anything.

I am using GRBL 1.1 Mega-5x and have connected the spindle speed control to PortH-Pin4/D7 to an Arduino Mega 2560. D7 is a PWM out pin. That is wired to the PWM input on the SuperPID and the POT/VS inputs jumped together. GRBL variables are set to: $30 = 30000 and $31 = 0. For what its worth, INVERT_SPINDLE_ENABLE_PIN has been uncommented and is working as expected.

M3 will turn on the spindle, but at FULL SPEED. It ignores the S value.

A multimeter to the PWM speed pin confirms voltage. Likewise, if I set the speed to below the S5000 threshold, the router will not turn on. Above S5000 I get FULL SPEED regardless of the speed I set. The software appears to be altering the duty cycle as expected. For some reason the SuperPID does not seem to be regulating the output to the router.

Manual operation with the potentiometer works as expected.

Any suggestion as to what I could troubleshoot or what might be wrong?
    Which version of SuperPID do you have? Version 1 or 2? It matters as they each have different connection requirements. For now I will assume you have version 2 since you refer to it as "my new SuperPID".

The attached images are from the Version 2 manual and are your three PWM options.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Version2 PWM Signal-2.jpg  
    airnocker

Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

Quote Originally Posted by airnocker View Post
    Which version of SuperPID do you have? Version 1 or 2?
    Yes, this is a brand new v2 unit I received a week or so ago from them.

Quote Originally Posted by airnocker View Post
    The attached images are from the Version 2 manual and are your three PWM options.

Yes, this is how I have it connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In case anyone is interested I have a new, unused Super-PID with lots of extras for sale on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224023528306?ul_noapp=true

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
    Yes, this is a brand new v2 unit I received a week or so ago from them.

Yes, this is how I have it connected.
    You mentioned an Arduino, is this taking place of the PC? Proper grounding between the PC or Arduino and the SuperPID is very important.
    airnocker

Page 119 of 121 1969109117118119120121