585,758 active members*
4,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller
Page 121 of 121 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2415

Re: Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

Great!, Thanks for confirming. We have the same router but we use different break-out boards, so first I'll share my comparable screens that you posted in your setup. I use the CNC4PC C1R12 parallel port break-out board.
    Here is my screens:

I'm going to take a look at your Gecko 450 specs and get back to you. Your Super-PID drawing does not indicate what pin on your Gecko the RUN pin from the parallel port connects to.

EDIT: Now I see why you are using the Gecko G540, Please refer to this link to help guide you. If you have questions about what Roman is saying, please ask. https://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-c...-superpid.html
    airnocker
    Everything depends on everything else

I'd add the recommendation to measure the voltage from the super-pid 5v output to your VFD+ terminal to confirm that it is +5v. Then measure the output on the VFD Output pin as your CNC control software changes its RPM signal from a low to high rpm. It should stay in the range of 0-5v. Double check your grounds between the Geckgo, Super-PID and your break-out board or computer's signal ground. Signal grounds should NOT be connected to Earth grounds as well.
    airnocker

Quote Originally Posted by airnocker View Post
    I'd add the recommendation to measure the voltage from the super-pid 5v output to your VFD+ terminal to confirm that it is +5v. Then measure the output on the VFD Output pin as your CNC control software changes its RPM signal from a low to high rpm. It should stay in the range of 0-5v. Double check your grounds between the Geckgo, Super-PID and your break-out board or computer's signal ground. Signal grounds should NOT be connected to Earth grounds as well.
    I will try all these and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also remember, that the other link I posted where Romanlini is discussing the use of Super-PID with the Gecko controller, he said the normal VFD+ reference voltage is 10volts, not 5. Using 5v worked form most but not all Gecko users. He goes on to describe that a voltage divider is required on the VFDout to drop the voltage down to 5v when using 10v for the VFD+ .
    airnocker

When I run it in manual mode (pot) I get power to the router and I can change the rpm up and down with the control knob with no issues. When I try and switch to allow the PC to control the router no power is output to the router. It’s strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just run into this thread, I have the same setup and is running faultlessly. If you still struggling with this I try help you. To start read my posts here from the beginning in this thread, I was struggling with this just like you are. To start with, my setup use 5V, Spindle On/Off (M8/M9) is controlled by Solid State Relay. Hope this helps.
    Forget about global warming...Visualize using your turn signal!

"To start with, my setup use 5V, Spindle On/Off (M8/M9) is controlled by Solid State Relay. Hope this helps."

Cant find a way to edit post.
    It should be M3/M5. Sorry.
    Forget about global warming...Visualize using your turn signal!

I can now control my spindle thru Mach3 but I can only get it to work if I switch it to Manual mode. When I do this it starts running the spindle at 5000 RPM and does not stop. I can change the speed in Mach3 no problem but when I go to turn off the spindle in Mach 3 it stops the current speed and goes back to running at 5000 RPMs. I can also manually go into POT view and change the speed there with my knob. For some reason when I switch over to PC mode to let mach 3 fully control the spindle nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by rstrease View Post
    I can now control my spindle thru Mach3 but I can only get it to work if I switch it to Manual mode. When I do this it starts running the spindle at 5000 RPM and does not stop. I can change the speed in Mach3 no problem but when I go to turn off the spindle in Mach 3 it stops the current speed and goes back to running at 5000 RPMs. I can also manually go into POT view and change the speed there with my knob. For some reason when I switch over to PC mode to let Mach 3 fully control the spindle nothing happens.
    For clarification, my Super-PID is V1, yours appears to be V2. In my previous post, I posted a V2 diagram depicting connections that only shows PWM control signal coming from a PC (such as generated from Mach3 software) but does not show switching between manual speed control and PWM computer control.

If I'm not mistaken, the diagram you posted previously for your V2 showed the ability to switch between manual pot and PWM computer speed control.
    airnocker

My SuperPID works well enough and has definitely improved my hobby machine. But occasionally it will suddenly go full open (max RPM). After a second or two it will fix itself. It is seemingly random.

So far, I’ve not ruined any parts because of it. Way better than it randomly shutting off.

I’ll ask SuperPID directly, but their turn around is very slow. Meanwhile, anyone else experience this? Is this a known bug with a known solution?

Here is a picture of what the readout says when it is doing this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had the same thing happening. The eye of the speed censor getting filled with dust was the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by davida1234 View Post
    I had the same thing happening. The eye of the speed censor getting filled with dust was the culprit.
    The cause would definitely be related to Super-PI's feedback loop becoming "open", i.e. not providing speed rpm feedback data. A blocked optical speed sensor would certainly fall into that category.
    airnocker

I’ve cleaned the eye off and not had an issue since; but I’ve only run one job so it’s too early to tell. I have a Bosch 1617, so the sensor is through two separate plastic shells. Not much dust in there. Could be a loose/break in the wire instead. I have a couple of longer jobs this week, and that will be the test.

I do want to note that SuperPID reached out to me from monitoring this post. Kudos for customer service going above and beyond. I’m really impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by rlrhett View Post
    I’ve cleaned the eye off and not had an issue since; but I’ve only run one job so it’s too early to tell. I have a Bosch 1617, so the sensor is through two separate plastic shells. Not much dust in there. Could be a loose/break in the wire instead. I have a couple of longer jobs this week, and that will be the test.

I do want to note that SuperPID reached out to me from monitoring this post. Kudos for customer service going above and beyond. I’m really impressed.

That is great news! Thanks for letting us know about your success and that the SuperPID folks reached out to you. They are awesome.
    airnocker

I need help with a Kobalt Router (the one that comes with the router table). I want to bypass the soft start module.
    Here are some pictures.
    Thank you in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_2021-12-12_101528.jpg   image_2021-12-12_101634.jpg   image_2021-12-12_101706.jpg   image_2021-12-12_101815.jpg  

image_2021-12-12_101900.jpg   image_2021-12-12_101951.jpg  
    Last edited by mcrowley; 12-12-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Page 121 of 121 2171111119120121