584,858 active members*
4,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller
Page 110 of 121 1060100108109110111112120
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2415

Re: Super-PID new low-cost router speed controller

I measured resistance between A (AC Mains, Active) and MA (output Motor Active) and I get <2 ohms. So, I guess that means the triac is shorted. Please tell me that it is a common triac that I might be able to find at Radioshack. I don't have any problems soldering a new one on, I just want to make sure I get the correct one.

Thanks again for all of the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by LessPaul View Post
    I mis-spoke. The SuperPID has a triac output, not SCR, but the effect and diagnosis is the same:
    Disconnect AC and DC power to SuperPID.
    Locate A and MA on the AC power connector, and measure the resistance between the two. It should read open, or high megohms. If not, it is shorted and needs to be replaced.

I have sold mine, but IIRC the number is on it.
    If so try DigiKey.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Well I couldn't find one locally, so I ordered one. Hopefully it fixes the problem.

Question
    I was just reading PID documentation and on page 24 it showes that bOB is sharing ground with PC and redulated power supply.
    Would that defeat purpose of opticaly isolated BOB.
    One more thing what if power is coming from USB would that also share ground between PID etc.....
    Thank you for your support in developing better cnc experiance.
    Scan my avatar with smart pnone ...... http://www.big-tex.tk/

Hello,I'm assembly a CRP2448 with their nema 23 kit and using a porter cable 690 with super pid,but I'm having problems trying to control the router with Mach3
    I read this tread and try some of the settings some of you guys suggest to use with not luck,double check my wiring and all seems ok,testing super pid w/o Mach3 and router go up to 5000rpm ,display show "r" and show the rpm (I'm not using the manual control yet) but as soon as Mach3 get on and I try to turn on router not work,this is the setting I have ,please can you guys help me?

Can we assume this is a G540 as well? Why not use the Spindle in the motor config. You will need to setup the motor tuning page anyway. As well, I found I needed an extra output and ended up using a pin on a second parallel port. I had built a CRP48x48 with SuperPID, G540 and ethernet smooth stepper. Unfortunately, I've recently upgraded to a VFD spindle. I think I might have a copy of my XML kicking about. You would need to check very carefully all the settings, but I had everything working. run/stop along with mach control of the speed. email here and I'll send you a XML Colten
    Colten Edwards http://www.cncsigns.ca

Thanks Colten,I use the XML from the CNC router parts site ,that setup work good,the machine move and can be controlled from Mach3, it's the spindle settings for super pid the one not working

hi

In your 3rd image the spindle setup tab you need to select the "'use spindle motor output" check box in the motor control section there, and also select the "PWM control" option , I assume you want PC speed control ?
    I can't get to my config to check at the moment but I think you also need to select the "disable spindle relays" box in the same section as above , and in there select the outputs you have used for turning on the superpid spindle.

Also I have to say , the superpid instructions, in combination with the relevant sections of the mach3 manual are pretty complete and if you follow them carefully you should be able to get it running without problem.

hope this helps

Andrew

Help a lot!,thanks Andew,going to correct that as soon as a get home today,but probably going to need need with the output settings

I correct the settings and read Mach3 manual one more time,still have confusion how to set the step pin# dir pin#

I'm using a G540 with a SPID and it works great. I set the speed that I want in the CAM and Mach3 controls the router speed (it also turns the router on and off). It works great. Here is a link to the relevant post in my build thread.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc-wo...ml#post1276882

I originally put a switch on the SPID that would allow me to manually control the speed with a pot, but I have only used it once (to see if it worked). I'm thinking about removing it as I don't see much need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by javy0311 View Post
    I correct the settings and read Mach3 manual one more time,still have confusion how to set the step pin# dir pin#
    The Spindle step pin # is the pin number that you're using for the PWM signal to the super pid. You don't need a direction pin.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

sorry for a delay in my answer but forum has been whit problems ,all up and running,a little issue with the rpm betwen Mach and super pid,thanks guys for help me

The Spindle step pin # is the pin number that you're using for the PWM signal to the super pid. You don't need a direction pin.
    Unless you want to use a left-handed cutter. The you will need the Dir pin.
    Yes, LH cutters have some value in special situations, such as machining something which has been screwed down with a RH thread. I use them myself.

Cheers
    Roger

The SuperPID receives the PWM signal over the step pin, and does not use the direction pin.

Are you saying your'e spinning the spindle backwards (CCW) with a SuperPID?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi Gerry
    The SuperPID receives the PWM signal over the step pin, and does not use the direction pin.
    Are you saying your'e spinning the spindle backwards (CCW) with a SuperPID?
    Yes, I do run the spindle CCW with left-hand cutters, but no, I am not using a SuperPID, just Mach3 driving a spindle servo supply.
    My apologies if this thread is all about the SuperPID: I was just pointing out thatsometimes one wants to go CCW on a mill. Of course, on a lathe one does it often for all sorts of reasons.

Cheers
    Roger

test, ignore..

Super PID is mainly designed for series (UNi-Diir) motor spindles, If one wanted reverse capability, you would need to go into the router/spindle and bring the field and armature connections out separately and set up a reversing relay.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Can I use The low voltage power input to trigger other relays also or will that screw with the pid. I want to put my vacuum and air compressor on the panel with the pid stuff. It would not be pulling high voltage power from the pid. Just the 5v before it goes into the pid to trigger relays.

I just want to say I love the SuperPID, it has been great and I've just been using it with a low cost cheap router. Support from Val is always excellent before and after the sale.

Page 110 of 121 1060100108109110111112120