584,833 active members*
5,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Company wants to buy first cnc

The company I work for is looking to buy a cnc. We do overmolding on cables. I am building the molds but am limited on design due to only having old manual machines. I have never purchased or even shopped for a machine. I am leaning towards 4 axis...a 3 would do the job, and 5 looks like its too expensive. I also realize that we are not doing production work so a top brand name machine i'm my opinion does not seem necessary if the money can be better used in other areas. I have looked for shows and there doesn't seem to be much within the next few months. I would be willing to travel and am located in upstate NY. I am also willing to look at used machines.

http://cgi.ebay.com/K2-CNC-Router-St...item3cb101dc60

Check that out. It's mine, I'm in Westchester County, a few hours ride for you. It's about the best quality machine you can start out with, and units of this caliber are rare to find used, (especially local).

? anybody

Quote Originally Posted by DWAS View Post
    I have looked for shows and there doesn't seem to be much within the next few months. I would be willing to travel and am located in upstate NY.
    You missed IMTS? How could you miss IMTS? It's the biggest machinery show in the country, it's only held every two years and it just happened last WEEK!

http://www.imts.com/
    Greg

I guess I did... but the boss didn't really tell me to start this research until last week. Although I would have loved to go.

DWAS,
    The company I work for is looking to upgrade a couple of CNC verticals. (3 axis machines.) We have one OKK PCV-50 unit that is still running production. One OKK PCV 40 that is still running production, and two PCV 40 machines that we kept for parts. All four machine have 4th axis hookups. They would like to sell these as a package deal, due to fact that we don't need the parts machines, if we don't have running machines to maintain. These are good rigid machines for the money. If you are interested, feel free to call John Lauch @ 1-419-337-0940. He will be able to give you any information you might need.
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe