584,842 active members*
4,287 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Romi Lathes > Help we need to learn to run the EZ Path system

Help we need to learn to run the EZ Path system

Hello all

We recieved a 1996 bridgeport romi lathe with EZ Path through a company aquisition and no one here knows how to operate it.
    I can't find anyone that we can hire to train the system to our people.
    From what I have read it is simple to learn but it doesn't seem so for a few of the people here that have been playing with it.

I really need to get this machine producing parts.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Anyone out there that knows these machines that we maybe able to talk to over the phone that can get us started?

Thanks in advance I can be reached at 704-888-9930 in Charlotte NC area

I know this thread is a bit old but did you have any luck learning this machine??
    I have been running one for some time now and have become pretty good at it
    any questions let me know
    Brian

Re: Help we need to learn to run the EZ Path system

It's very intuitive once you get past the 'It isn't G-code' and 'It isn't a Mazak either'. It requires a bit of a shift in programming thinking, but they program like a breeze and, to be honest, are much better than the new IPS garbage on the brand new Haas machines. Path software never got the credit it deserved.

Hey Brian,
    Just purchased a used Bridgeport Romi EzPath Lathe 96 model, need some help on the programming and maybe point me in the right direction for a video on programming it? Thanks in advance Bert

Quote Originally Posted by Bertman1 View Post
    Hey Brian,
    Just purchased a used Bridgeport Romi EzPath Lathe 96 model, need some help on the programming and maybe point me in the right direction for a video on programming it? Thanks in advance Bert
    Hey Bert,

The manual actually has a programming tutorial in it. PM your addy and I'll send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertman1 View Post
    Hey Brian,
    One of the most confusing parts of the EZpath is that you must put you cutting tool where you want to start. This is where this event will start. In the event screen roughing number 7 is for od turning and id boring. 9 is for facing. You must sync the computer with the part first with a light face cut and set z with 7 w/shift. Then a od cut and type in the measured size for x. Once these are set if you need to change one do not enter anything in the other and it will hold its reading. This is especially important when threading, you must start from a larger od or it will return across your threads. The programming is a point to point starting with where you put you cutter when you start the event. I will make some drawings with reference to these commands.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead57 View Post
    One of the most confusing parts of the EZpath is that you must put you cutting tool where you want to start. This is where this event will start. In the event screen roughing number 7 is for od turning and id boring. 9 is for facing. You must sync the computer with the part first with a light face cut and set z with 7 w/shift. Then a od cut and type in the measured size for x. Once these are set if you need to change one do not enter anything in the other and it will hold its reading. This is especially important when threading, you must start from a larger od or it will return across your threads. The programming is a point to point starting with where you put you cutter when you start the event. I will make some drawings with reference to these commands.

Steve
    thank you Steve for your help appreciate it

my email addy is [email protected]