585,996 active members*
4,856 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DIY - CNC H/V Rotary Table

I am in the process of making a new DIY-CNC H/V Rotary Table... I purchased a 30 to 1 worm gear reduction unit a few years ago for another application... That failed... So I'm going to see if i can make this work... It's just a standard 30 to 1 worm gear drive reduction unit... I'm going to machine a box to mount around it.. Then mount that box in a larger one... It will be aprox.. 8'' x 8'' x 4 1/2'' I"m designing it so it can accept a table up to or there about's.. 10''/12''.. I plan on machining a 1'' x 6'' MIC-6 table for it... Hopefully it will work out for this task... My primary reason for making one is to machine 1/4 scale V8 engine cam lobs... I'll have to figure how to make an attached/removable tail stock for it once i get it built... Shouldn't be hard to figure out..

I've ordered all the aluminum and fasteners so hopefully I'll have it all and have it built in a week or soo...

Here is a few pics of the cad rendering i did on it as well as a few of the reduction unit... I did manage to machine a hole threw the output shaft casing so i can mount a 1/2'' shaft... Whew... That was fun... Nothing like trying to drill a hole in hardened steel... A 3/16'' two flue end mill even had a challenge doing so..

Stoney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DIY - CNC Rotary Table.jpg   DIY - CNC Rotary Table.2.jpg   DIY - CNC Rotary Table.3.jpg   DVC09732.JPG  

DVC09736.JPG   DVC09737.JPG   DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 001.jpg   DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 005.jpg  

DIY- 6'' CNC Rotary Table 010.jpg  
    http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/

Well the rotary table is now done... other than squaring up the enclosure a tad that is... There isn't alot of vertical height but there is plenty of horizontal height... I primarily built this to machine 1/4 scale engine parts... such as... Cam Shafts/Crank Shafts/Cutting ring grooves/cutting gears... I still need to machine a tail stock for it and machine a grinding attachment that will mount to the z axis...

Gotta run
    Stoney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary Table Clamps (77).JPG   Rotary Table Clamps (105).JPG   Rotary Table Clamps (113).JPG   Rotary Table Clamps (116).JPG  

Rotary Table Clamps (117).JPG   Rotary Table Clamps (123).JPG  
    http://www.quarterscaleprostreetberetta.com/