585,759 active members*
3,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

A new Plasma cable.

ryderz,

I think many Plasma problems stem from three things, bad ground, bad ground and bad ground. I remember reading that one guy had to drive 21 ground rods. It didn't work on the 20th, but after the 21st, his problem went away.

It might not help in your case, but I hear Shop Sabre has a new cable that goes between the PC and the Plasma that cuts WAY back on the noise. From what I understand it pretty much removes the unnecessary up/down motion of the torch.

It's not going to eliminate the torch not firing though. I think that problem is entirely removed from the CNC machine or software. Navigator7 is right. It sounds like something linked to the torch itself or its air supply.

Butterknife

[QUOTE=Butterknife

I hear Shop Sabre has a new cable that goes between the PC and the Plasma that cuts WAY back on the noise. From what I understand it pretty much removes the unnecessary up/down motion of the torch.

I have that already. they want the ground to read .75 volts. mine reads .001 of a mila volt. u cant get better.! i asked them if it had to read .75 they said or better. so im in spec. that navigator7 guy is telling me that it could just be in the building (power). well we have checked all the amps and volts while in motion cutting and off. we again are still in specs.

i fired it up again. its still jumpy (arc voltage) and miss fired a few times.

i figured sense i got on this site and told everybody about the how this shopsabre plasma table wasn't working properly. well it finally works good. Ben over at shopsabre played around with some programming on my computer a couple of days ago, and it runs real smooth. the way it cuts now is what i thought a plasma table should be like. the torch stays put it doesn't jump around no more. it might have took a year, but its done..! thanks Ben.

a few days have gone by now sence the table has been fixed, and this is just great.! it is very smooth, and clean. i was able to cut a 4x4 and a 4x8 with no problems. i have never been able to do that before. im turning it on just to cut a bunch of stuff to see what it can do. we are cutting from 10ga to 5/8 on a hypertherm 1000. very impressive.!

ryderz
    none of my business
    but i would like to say thanks for coming
    back on here and posting that it is fixed
    most people would not
    there is no better people to work with than shop sabre

i am proud to say i own 2 !!!!!
    if i had the room it would be 3

its been a couple months now sence ben was able to get my machine running right. i bought it a little over a year ago. it fought with me for most the time i owned it. i tryed to explain on here that it wasnt my error, the cutter not cutting right. so in the end, it still need some fixing from shopsabre. so now that i have had a couple months playing and cutting with it, it is a well built smoth cutting machine. ben has answered all my calls (good & bad) never leaving me hanging. even on his personal time. i would just hope this isnt a common problem with this company. i would have to say 2 thumbs up for shopsabre and ben the tech at shopsabre. im very pleased with its performance and is making me some money. thanks ben..! john (RMC)

Great to hear things are resolved for you I too own a ShopSabre and cant say a bad thing about it...Ben is a great Tech and as you said he doesnt leave you hanging.

Love My Machine and the company has been great at backing up the machine..

Most guys as said before wouldnt have come back to say the good. Glad things are running for You!

Enjoy!:cheers:

Problem cutting holes

On Shop Sabre HyDef Plasma i am getting an "Arc" on the bottom side approx an 1/16" back from the start/exit point and almost a 9 degree bevel on 1/2 mild steel, the bevel not as bad on 3/16, but the welding like arc got me confused anyone know what might be causing it? Have tried double grounding,o2/air and air/air, ccw and cw but issue still present
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TOP SIDE.jpg   PLATE BURN.jpg  

Ive had a sidekick for a couple years now and I dont think I could have made a better choice. Biggest thing to change is the magnetic breakaway and buy there collision detection system. Also in my experience the 14ga metal is harder to cut than the thicker stuff so if your starting out on it then it will just take some time and practice till you see what you need to do. A bicycle doesnt ride itself you know.

Page 3 of 3 123