585,743 active members*
5,254 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: RhinoCam

RhinoCam

Hello,

Is anyone using RhinoCam? I just recieved an e-mail from Mec-Soft about a 4th axis plug-in... sounds interesting. If anyone is using it, what is the pricing like and what are the machining schemes, waterline, parallel etc.? Are you able to tweak tool paths?

Thanks Carvejunky

Hello there. I bought Rhinocam a few months ago. It was a $1,000 deal that included Rhino 3D as well. Rhinocam is the same as VisualMill Basic 5.0. It works well but I find myself switching to the standalone version of VM Basic where I feel more comfortable. With the same Rhinocam license (ie: dongle), you can also run the standalone version of VisualMill Basic 5.0.

You can download a demo of either Rhinocam or VisualMill and try it yourself. The Basic version of the product does not allow toolpath editing. Personally, I haven't had a need for this yet.

Regards,
    JR

JRoque

Thanks for the quick reply. I like Rhino because it models like Lightwave which I have been using for about 12 years. Nurbs are great as you can model some really kewl mathematical curves, like catenary, IMHO. I think I will download the demo and give it a try, Thanks for the link, also.

Carvejunky