584,798 active members*
4,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Cadet Software

Okuma Cadet Software

I have an Okuma Cadet LNC8 with OSP700 control. I had to change the batteries in this machine and for some reason during this process, our local Okuma rep's tech guys have to reload the software to do this. For whatever reason, I cannot seem to find this software. We bought the machine as a floor model from our local reps, and perhaps we never recieved it, or worse we may have lost it. Hard to say since this was 13 years ago. Now Okuma wants $2500 to ship me a copy of the this software. My question is, does someone else own this software that they would be willing to loan out for a week or so, and will be returned to you promptly. I appreciate your help in advance.

The software is machine specific.

Quote Originally Posted by budgieW View Post
    The software is machine specific.
    x2 it's related and encoded with the machine S/N

generally they are 4x 3 1/2 floppy disc in a blue plastic box and this box is in the pocket inside the electrical cabinet

Just the first disk. The rest can be pretty generic. I've had to mix and match in the past. The problem is, if you do get the wrong software, without hardware to support it (EG IGF) your starting over.

OKUMA SOFTWARE

Quote Originally Posted by ryanh114 View Post
    I have an Okuma Cadet LNC8 with OSP700 control. I had to change the batteries in this machine and for some reason during this process, our local Okuma rep's tech guys have to reload the software to do this. For whatever reason, I cannot seem to find this software. We bought the machine as a floor model from our local reps, and perhaps we never recieved it, or worse we may have lost it. Hard to say since this was 13 years ago. Now Okuma wants $2500 to ship me a copy of the this software. My question is, does someone else own this software that they would be willing to loan out for a week or so, and will be returned to you promptly. I appreciate your help in advance.
    I CAN GIVE THE SOFTWARE
    PRICE 1000$

OSP 5000 LG

Dear Sir ;

We are superior oil tools located at UAE we have second hand CNC Lathe machine as below Model

OKUMA OSP 5000LG LC40

We are unable to run this kind of machine because we don’t have suitable software to run which software we are looking as attached

Please find as attached the list of floppy disk and come back to us

We are looking forward your reply ASAP

thanks
    yousef

I have a 2001 captain L-370 that I purchased used did not come with software. Same problem Okuma wants $2000 for replacement software. Does anyone have a machine like this that could help?

Re: Okuma Cadet Software

contact me privately i will help you