585,987 active members*
4,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Postprocessors

Can SprutCAM machine posts be edited by end users?

Can someone tell me if there's provision for ShopBot machine post in a current version of SprutCAM?

Thanks in advance for help.
    My business Web site - USINUM - www.cooptel.qc.ca/~usinum
    My BLOG at Blogger - http://pacosarea.blogspot.com/

Hi,
    If you have the 'all-post' version of Sprutcam you can modify the post-processing. I did not see a specific file for Shopbot in my version. Does Shopbot happen to use a clone of an industrial standard controller?

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by the_paco View Post
    Can SprutCAM machine posts be edited by end users?

Can someone tell me if there's provision for ShopBot machine post in a current version of SprutCAM?

Thanks in advance for help.
    There is a ShopBot post listed for download at the Sprutcam website. I don't know anything about it except that they claim to have it. - Terry

http://www.sprutcam.com/Products/Spr...Postprocessors

It seem/sound that one require to use an application/fonction named 'Postprocessors generator'. From the manual:
    <Postprocessors generator> runs the application to
    generate postprocessor tuning files.
    Can postprocessors be easily editable for customization?

I just downloaded the ShopBot post and it took a look at it and it does seem functional. The author seems to be someone from Sprutcam and so it probably received some testing. You should just need to put this extracted file into the same folder along with the other post processors for the version of Sprutcam you are using, and it should then be available to you to use.
    The post processor generator application is contained within the Sprutcam application itself. You can find it under the File tab in the application. It is used to make major or minor tweaks to a post processor or even create one completely from scratch.
    You may not need to modify the Sprutcam ShopBot post at all; but if you do need to make minor changes, some users can usually figure out what is required from looking at the existing code in the post they are trying to modify. In other cases there is a manual on the post processor application itself and this is also available from the Sprutcam website, but is often included with the application when purchased. The manual is much smaller than the Sprutcam application manual and about the same level of intelligibility for English users.- Terry

I got the shopbot post but there something that seem broken... maybe one of you can sort this out easily?...

Whenever a command line is repetitive, say a feed move (M*), the post doesn't create a new command line correctly as it omit to indicate the command to the control software that need it. Like on the 6th line, the line should be JZ,0.75 and line 9 to 13 should begin with M2. After reading a bit on it and digging some code... I tend to think the trouble code is in the code view on the attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBpost_SCv4b1.03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mayhugh1 View Post
    I just downloaded the ShopBot post and it took a look at it and it does seem functional. The author seems to be someone from Sprutcam and so it probably received some testing. You should just need to put this extracted file into the same folder along with the other post processors for the version of Sprutcam you are using, and it should then be available to you to use.
    The post processor generator application is contained within the Sprutcam application itself. You can find it under the File tab in the application. It is used to make major or minor tweaks to a post processor or even create one completely from scratch.
    You may not need to modify the Sprutcam ShopBot post at all; but if you do need to make minor changes, some users can usually figure out what is required from looking at the existing code in the post they are trying to modify. In other cases there is a manual on the post processor application itself and this is also available from the Sprutcam website, but is often included with the application when purchased. The manual is much smaller than the Sprutcam application manual and about the same level of intelligibility for English users.- Terry
    The one currently on the Sprutcam site under the shopbot.spp link is actually for a Fagor machine and it didn't work when I tried it. Does anyone have a working version of the post that they can make available? Thanks!