585,996 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam III Velocity jerking and hesitation in Vista 64-bit with GeForce 220GT

Cool Surfcam III Velocity jerking and hesitation in Vista 64-bit with GeForce 220GT

I have come across a problem recently with Surfcam III Velocity.

I am maintaining computer of a company who is using the Surfcam III velocity and due to certain things I had to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate (I would have liked to upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit, but it was not possible due to Surfcam III Vel. not supporting Windows 7 64- bit)

When I had installed Vista 64-bit, so I asked the fellow who was machining on those CNC machines, the next day, how the computer was working, and he told me, that there were some annoying issues that he had come across, namely issues as follows.

- the mouse movement was not smooth, but somewhat jerking and there were some kind of hesitation in the mouse movements also.

- He told me, that if he for instance was drawing 5 lines and he tried to move the mouse cursor from one line to another, there was first no response from the mouse and suddenly it kind of jumped to the othed side of the screen.

- He also told me, that while the previous Operating System Windows XP Pro was still being used so he had had to adjust the acceleration of the Graphics Card to maximum in order for the mouse movement to be normal. He also told me that he hadn't been able to find the slide through whic to adjust the acceleration.

Your advice who are familiar with this kind of hiccups would be highly appreciated so I could provide my customer with best possible help in this matter.

Smyans

This is a stab in the dark...but maybe worth a try. I run a CAM system and had all kinds of problems with graphics and Windows 7. Turns out it is because of the "theme" I selected in windows 7 for my desktop.

Right click on the desktop and hit "personalize". Select a theme that IS NOT an Aero theme. Pick one of the "Basic and High Contrast Themes" and see if that helps.

Thank you mdlmkr for your reply!

I'll be trying to do what you advised me to do either during the weekend or in the beginnin of the next week, I mean when I go back there where that computer is, so I am going to try out what you suggested me.

Thank you!

Smyans

I think that I got the Surfcam versus GeForce Gt 220 issue fixed.

When I returned back to the company where that particular CNC computer was, so i did as follows!

1. I uninstalled all the previous Nvidia drivers, the version that was installed was something like 178.xx and I downloaded first a 2.58.xx version from Nvidia website and afterwards the vendorspecific driver, namely from the vendor, PALIT website, and the version I downloaded was a International version of the driver.

2. The removal of the drivers was somewhat tricky and first I used IOBit Toolbox uninstaller (which, according to my previous experience works quite well!), but I wasn't able to remove the Nvidia drivers, so I then downloaded "Driver Sweeper" from Guru3D website and it worked perfectly and was able to remove properly the Nvidia drivers!

3. Then I just proceeded on and installed Nvidia version 258.xx driver first the one from Nvidia website and soon afterwards I uninstalled that and installed vendor specific driver from PALIT (the vendor of the Graphic Adapter).

4. I also downloaded from the PALIT website,a utility, that can be used to make changes to GeForce GT 220 settings.

5. I also clicked "Personalize" and changed the theme to "Standard Windows".

6. I downloaded 3DMark06 Basic and used it to measure the Graphics Performance, and I changed some settings in the Nvidia GeForce GT 220.

7. The end result was, that when i started "Surfcam Velocity III" version so when i open up a drawing and tried to do some movements for that, so it worked out pretty well. So in my opinion the solution to the probelm has been found.

Thank you mdlmrk for Your assistance

Smyans