585,722 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > ES-L6 Controller won't power on

ES-L6 Controller won't power on

I've had this problem intermittently for awhile. Usually, I turn on the main power switch on the back, wait a moment while everything cycles on, then walk around and turn on the controller. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. I have noticed, looking in the back, that the power supply module (+P1 in the Electrical diagram) has a "24V Fault" light on whenever the controller DOESN'T come on. I have also noticed that when the "Control On" button is pressed on the panel up front, the lights on the I/O box (+FN-DR3 in the Electrical diagram) come on (lights OUT3, 5, 7, 10, and 12), and turn off when the "Control Off" button is pressed (except OUT10). I've checked the voltages coming out of the Switch Power Supply box (+GS1 in the Electrical diagram) and on the (2) DC -24V, I get -27V each, while on the (2) DC+24V, I get nothing. When I check the AC input lines "N" and "L" on the same box, "N" gives me about 211VAC, and "L" gives me about 122VAC. Does any of this sound wrong or right, and if wrong, could it be my problem? Also, why would this happen intermittently, because when the controller DOES come on, I have no problems whatsoever, no alarms, nothing, the machine does as it should. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

please, check main power wiring first.
    Okuma inside uses ~200V. 122VAC is also out of standard. Maybe 120 or 110 must be there - see diagrams. Can't be 27V instead of 24V, for sure. Okuma uses only stabilized 24V power supply.