585,754 active members*
3,855 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Visual Mill > Solidworks and Visualmill

Solidworks and Visualmill

Hello Visualmill users
    Can you help me I am a newbies with visualmill!
    I use Solidworks for to create my design next I import this part into Visualmill.
    How to make a surfacing of the stok with a end mill of 10 mm diameter (red color) and next a roughing operation with a end mill of 5 mm diameter (green color)
    can you upload a vmp files with this operations?

thank's in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part model jpeg.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry - I don't understand your wording - as to what exactly you are asking. I am assume you are looking for some simple machining - probably 2.5D.
    http://www.mecsoft.com/Mec/Training/resources.htm This page has ample information on how to achieve your goal. I don't have time at the moment to make you a sample program, please read the manual-do the tutorials and then post your questions.
    I gotta get the VMC running now.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

sorry for my bad English it's not my native langage but I learn it all days.
    If I import a part into Visuallmll I can't use 2,5 axis operation
    because no curves is listed if I use Solidworks file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails copy ecran.jpg  

Ahh - I see.
    2 things if your part is simple 2D, the easiest way I have found to make VM file is in SW make a drawing (yes a drawing) with only 1 view - the view that shows the profiling details to be machined. Save this drawing as dwg (we are still in SW yet). Open the dwg in VM and presto you have regions to create MOPs from. I have found this to be very quick.

You have imported the 3d model (judging by your attached picture) now for 2d machining you have to pick surfaces and use the convert edge command or some of the surface conversion commands to turn all edges into regions. You can also manually draw edges by using the geometry tool bar, the cursor will snap to edges, mid points etc to assist in drawing on the model edges.

Another option is to do all your machining in 3d and then you need no regions, but 3d (IMO) is usually MUCH slower to program as well as to cut.

Most of this stuff is all explained in the manual and tutorials.
    Read the manual and do the tutorials
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Thank you for your answer DareBee it's exactly what I want knowing.
    I shall read again all the tutoriels and I hope to read you again for another questions.