585,743 active members*
5,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Problem with the inverter

Problem with the inverter

Hello, Recently I bought a 1998 Fadal VMC 3016L and I changed the Z axis amplifier and is working good but the spindle does not want to move, the inverter is flashing , what I have to do?

spindle

what type of inverter?what errors are on the cnc screen.check the power going into the drive,all three legs.did this happen at the same time you replaced the amp?

the inverter is Drive,Baldor INV-0045,10HP VMC1 7500RPM, 230VAC Type 1 enclosure. I bougth this machine without the X axis amplifier card, but the guy who sold to me said that was working good,

baldor

make sure the power going into the drive is between 230 and 240vac,(no more than 250 if nesesary,some combinations of incoming power will work out to 245 or so)if not change the taps on the transformer. also verify that the ground is good,if the ground is in question run a line to a water pipe and use that in place if the other ground line,as the water pipe is a known good ground.verify all connections are tight including the small wires. if all is ok the drive may be bad the baldors tend to flash and rest randomly when something is bad inside the unit,I have seen machines that were not installed by at ech, just by the regular electrition get the drive tosted because they did not set the transformer tap properly,ie sending 480 through a machine tapped for 230,that will burn it up.so make sure that is correct.the drive may have been bad and thats why the amp was not in it,so it could not be tested before buying?