584,814 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > 4020 fadal spindle orientate failure

4020 fadal spindle orientate failure

I got a 4020 fadal 1992 model that is having trouble with the tool orientate machine was comming to tool change position you can hear the orientate bearing try to lock in at first then you dont hear it again. then the spindle will turn counter clockwise a 1/4 turn then back clock wise the same distance doing this several times before it throws a orientate failure error. If you reset the machine several times it will finally go ahead and orientate and change tools. It was more likely to do it when in a program than when you manually mdi in a tool change. I have tried raising and lowering the orientate factor but got the same results. I was told the hall effect switch might be getting weak I replaced the switch this morning now the machine when given an m19 will turn continuesly counter clock wise for 30 seconds to a minute then the plunger will lock in to orientate. machine will set locked up about 30 seconds then fault out orientate failure. not sure what is going on I do know the original hall switch had a red, cream, and black colored wires the new one had blue cream and black, I put the blue to the red after talking to a tech. I set the gap between the hall switch and the plate at the same distance with a feeler as the old one does anyone know the corrrect gap setting and what could be going wrong with the orientate. I have also discovered that if you give it a spindle speed and an m3 spindle will come on for a few seconds the estop with brake coming on when you hit the jog to reset the estop it gives a y axis amplifier fault. It has shown a spindle overload on a couple of estops I disconnected the hall switch connection and tried to start spindle I got the same result This is driving me nuts I have the rpm factor at 5 and the orientate factor at 10 TIA for any help
    BE NICE TO THE NERDS IN SCHOOL. THEY ONE DAY MAY BE YOUR BOSS

The issue is most likely the Spindle magnet Hall Effects switch or its connections.

Neal