585,728 active members*
4,002 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach3 icon on desktop

i have created a new profile for my cnc foam cuter but can not find the desktop icon for it. it will start it up in mach3 loader. so there must be a exe for it somewhere.

Make a copy of one of your existing shortcuts, rightclick it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab edit the Target field to point to your newly created profile instead of the original one.

Since you read the Mach3 manual, you'll recall that Mach looks for a .xml file that is the profile you created, like "MySpiffyProfile.xml". Then it executes "Mach3.exe /p:MySpiffyProfile" when you click on your startup shortcut.
    I don't remember the syntax completely, but it's fully described in the manual, so I guess you'll have to look it up anyway.

C:\Mach3\Mach3.exe /p PROFILE
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    C:\Mach3\Mach3.exe /p PROFILE
    Quick Google search and i found that...
    Thanks a lot it solve my (little) problem.

Re: mach3 icon on desktop

This thread was useful to me so I'd just like to add to DORSAL's post as I did have a few hiccoughs in getting it working and it might help others.
    The "full description" of the syntax is in the Mach3 Installaton Manual V3 on page 2-8, although there's a couple of details it doesn't actually spell out for the mugs.

First, there MUST be a space between the variuus elements of the command line thus: ...\Mach3.exe<space)/p<space>Mymill
    Second, there cannot be any spaces in the profile name, which I suspect many profiles would have (Mine did anyway). If there is a space, the profile must be in quotation marks thus: "My Mill". It wouldn't hurt to put them in anyway.
    Third, it might be worth mentioning that you don't include the profile file extension (.xml) in the command line, just the basic filename.

Actually, the manual doesn't spell out the steps to create a desktop shortcut, it just says you can do it and shows a screen shot.
    I found the quickest and simplest way was to go to the Mach3 directory, create a shortcut to Mach3.exe, right click on that shortcut, select 'Properties' and in the 'Shortcut' tab add the '/p' switch and the profile name manually to the command line the 'Target' box.