584,814 active members*
5,209 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > K2CNC > Question about K2 CNC machine material used...

Question about K2 CNC machine material used...

I saw a K2 CNC unit once that had a white plastic board- I dont know if it was a part of the table, or custom, or something that went on top of the table that a jig was set up on.

Anyway, it was like a plastic-y type material, white, and something like a cutting board type material.

I'm not sure if its a K2 option, but I've looked online and cant find any reference to it. Does anyone know what this material is called? I want to use it for a base to a small polisher set up, but dont know what key words to type in Ebay. I've seen this in white and I think black ...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

My guess would be high density polyethalene (HDPE). It is a food safe material used to make cutting boards. Pretty affordable too. It is tough and stable and I know some have used it to make tables for their CNC machines. It might be what you are talking about.

The only table top I've seen from K2 is extruded aluminum.

Plastic that you've seen that comes in black or white could be Delrin, but it is pretty expensive to be using for a table top. Many use Delrin to make anti-backlash leadnuts. It is a very tough and slippery plastic.

Another good plastic for the base of something might be Corian. It is also sometimes used to make cutting boards. Available for free if you know someone who installs counter tops. It machines well, looks like stone sometimes, and is much harder than HDPE or Delrin.