585,888 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Differences between DSP RZNC-D5416 and RZNC-0501

Differences between DSP RZNC-D5416 and RZNC-0501

Hi,

I just received my K6100A yesterday and noticed that mine came with a DSP Model RITHNC-053XSI-L30 with Version software RZNC-D5416. SkipW just received his K6100A a few weeks earlier than me and his came with a DSP RZNC-0504. From other post on CNCzone and website searches the common model is the RZNC-0501. Does anyone know what the differences in these unit are? Can't seem to find anything good searching the web.

Thanks
    KDRusty

After talking to KDRusty about the DSP controller he received, and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning this, but Quick CNC sent him a dusty USED DSP controller that had scratches on the screen and it even has a screw missing on the back. And as he mentioned previously, they didn't send a cable for it either.

That should never happen. We send money in good faith and expect to receive new components, not used older model items. This is bad advertisement for Quick CNC.

You can't blame Taney for this screw-up. He doesn't build the machines or package them for shipment, but he can correct the factory error. He should send KDRusty a brand new DSP that is pre-programmed for his K6100A. That's what I think anyhow.

Everything i read prior to getting the K6100A made me think i would be getting a RZNC-0501 DSP. But when the router arrived with the missing items I started looking closer at everything. Seen the scratches on the screen and said all well it will get scratched anyway. But then I noticed the screw missing, the case a little loose, minor scuffs, dust around the edge of screen and keypad. Then looking at the model # sticker made me wonder even more. Decided to plug the DSP into my laptop to see if i could power it up and went into the version software menu to see the RZNC-D5416 model.

Couldn't find anything but older post mentioning the RZNC-D5416. That one reason I think I might have received an older unit. Even sites selling new DSP don't even offer that model.

Taney assured me that the unit wasn't used but I have my doubts(i think maybe factory refurbished) and he did offer to exchange it if I sent the old one back first. Was hoping to have him send me a replacement with my missing items. He said the unit i received was set up for my machine and that they would need to reprogram the new DSP using the old unit. Fair enough...i will probably send it back once i verified the machine is running properly.

BTW, Taney, as always, been very quick to reply to all my inquires and i'm not worried at all. None of this I would blame on Taney but on whoever does the final quality check before crating the unit. He said my replacement parts are on their way so I'm hoping to get the machine running late next week.

So...if anyone has any information about the RZNC-D5416 please let me know I'm still curious on what i received.

Best Regards,
    KDRusty

i just purchased one of these pendants alone. and got no english instructions and it was set on chinese.

can any of you help with an instruction sheet, or help getting to english.

my dsp controller also had scratches and bad packaging but that seem to be the way with these things.

mines the 0501 model you have mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by draughted View Post
    i just purchased one of these pendants alone. and got no english instructions and it was set on chinese.

Try this draughted.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by draughted View Post

Found a youtube vid on changing DSP language from Chinese to English.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-xrCJ9Ab8"]YouTube - How to change language to English on DSP control panel[/nomedia]

I know someone posted instructions on the forum here for changing the language but I couldn't locate it. Hope this helps.

thanks that really helps!

i also found the instruction sheet from a british firm that sells similar DSP controllers
    motioncontrolproducts.co.uk

Smile about the RZNC-D5416 and RZNC-0501 answer

Quote Originally Posted by KDRusty View Post
    Everything i read prior to getting the K6100A made me think i would be getting a RZNC-0501 DSP. But when the router arrived with the missing items I started looking closer at everything. Seen the scratches on the screen and said all well it will get scratched anyway. But then I noticed the screw missing, the case a little loose, minor scuffs, dust around the edge of screen and keypad. Then looking at the model # sticker made me wonder even more. Decided to plug the DSP into my laptop to see if i could power it up and went into the version software menu to see the RZNC-D5416 model.

Couldn't find anything but older post mentioning the RZNC-D5416. That one reason I think I might have received an older unit. Even sites selling new DSP don't even offer that model.

Taney assured me that the unit wasn't used but I have my doubts(i think maybe factory refurbished) and he did offer to exchange it if I sent the old one back first. Was hoping to have him send me a replacement with my missing items. He said the unit i received was set up for my machine and that they would need to reprogram the new DSP using the old unit. Fair enough...i will probably send it back once i verified the machine is running properly.

BTW, Taney, as always, been very quick to reply to all my inquires and i'm not worried at all. None of this I would blame on Taney but on whoever does the final quality check before crating the unit. He said my replacement parts are on their way so I'm hoping to get the machine running late next week.

So...if anyone has any information about the RZNC-D5416 please let me know I'm still curious on what i received.

Best Regards,
    KDRusty
    his is Jery form China,the CNC controller(RZNC or RICHNC) company!
    RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd.
    the RZNC-D5416 is one of important chip models for RZNC or RICHNC products, not matter RZNC-0501/0601/0701/0801 and so on. if the products is RZNC or RICHNC models, it must have this chip models on products ID.
    if you have more questions you can send to [email protected]. the company official email address.

Smile service of RZNC or RICHNC products

Quote Originally Posted by SkipW View Post
    Found a youtube vid on changing DSP language from Chinese to English.

YouTube - How to change language to English on DSP control panel

I know someone posted instructions on the forum here for changing the language but I couldn't locate it. Hope this helps.
    this is Jery form China,the CNC controller(RZNC or RICHNC) company!
    RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd.
    you can download the operation manual which you need from RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd. - RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd.
    if you have more questions you can send to [email protected]. the company official email address.

Best Regards,
    KDRusty
    you can download the operation manual which you need from RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd. - RZNC-0501,RZNC CNC Controller,RICHNC Drive,RICHNC Motor-Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Ltd.

Hi Jery,

So what is the difference between the RZNC-D5416 and the RZNC-0501? I checked your website and can only find information the RZNC-0501. You sound like the perfect person to get some information on these units.

Thank for any help.

Best Regards,
    KDRusty

Hi Jery,

So what is the difference between the RZNC-D5416 and the RZNC-0501? I checked your website and can only find information the RZNC-0501. You sound like the perfect person to get some information on these units.

Thank for any help.

Best Regards,
    KDRusty
    Dear sir,
    RZNC-D5416 is model of the chip,RZNC-0501 is model of my products,
    "D5416" is one parts chip of the RZNC-0501,like the "CPU" which is very important for CNC Controller,so we must remark this chip model.
    "RZNC" is one brandname of Beijing RichNC Technology Co.,Tld., "D5416" is using model of the chip(so many chips in the my products,CPLD,DSP,MEMRY,3486,2804 and so on, but the D5416 is very important)
    understand?
    emial:[email protected]

Hello,
    Until now I was using ucancamV8 with dongle which came with my 3 axis CNC driven with RZNC 0501 DSP.
    I have lost the dongle and cannot no more use the software.
    I wanted to know if somebody can help me in sending the post set for G-code.
    Thanks for your help.
    Regards
    mahia2005

Re: Differences between DSP RZNC-D5416 and RZNC-0501

Hi Jery!
    I hope you were well this years. I tried contact your firm by e-mail or webform at your site with no succsess
    I have few questions about DSP 0501:
    1. Why combination MENU+MODE not working correct? All manufacturer's recomendations about rotary connect is to set it instead of X axis. It's not good, i like to use connector at board and angle codes.
    2. Is it possible to set different acceleration for Z axis?