Well I know there is some talk about this already, but I am having trouble finding the posts on this. I am looking at how you hold a leadscrew on the drive side so that it doesn't have any backlash. From what I hear you use two bearings with a washer inbetween them slide the leadscrew inbetween and tightne the whole thing together. Am I going in the right direction.

I have been debating on whether to use leadscrews or r&p. The final answer is going to be both. Two seperate machines. A larger one for me"home use" and a smaller one for my senior project at school. The one for my senior project will be finised first and I already have the lead screws I just don't know how to attach them. This machine will be around 2x2 with a cutting area of maybe 18 inches up to maybe 24inches not sure yet what the final will be.

For something this small can I use skateboard bearings to hold the screws? I am thinking 3 per screw. Two in the journal and one holding the end up. Any input? Ebay a good source for these bearings? Thanks