585,604 active members*
3,360 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > CAM plugin or LazyCAM (MACH3)

CAM plugin or LazyCAM (MACH3)

I have been using Turbocad since ver 7 and I am now on ver 15.2. I am starting a cnc router build. I will be using Mach3 to control the cnc steppers. I am trying to determine whether it is worthwhile to get the TC Cam plugin or just use the LazyCam from Mach3. I know TC has some disadvanatges but I would prefer using their products versus someone elses. My hangup is that TC isn't true 3d (2.5d). I would do some 3d work but the majority will be 2d cutouts. Is it worth wasting my time with the CAM plugin?
    Steve

Computer Aided Machining (CAM) TurboCAD - eBay (item 330357417128 end time Dec-27-10 09:32:27 PST)

you already use turbo cad 15, might as well use the cam plug in they make for it

actually I take that back did some looking on here and I guess Tcc has bugs and they don't fix them

any ways it's an issue for me to now because I was about to buy the plug in my self.

owe well extra $50 gets you meshcam and every one I guess is getting good resualts from it
    also if I switch cad programs at some point I would like to know I don't have to replace them all lol

TurboCAD/CAM

I have been a TurboCAD user since v3 & a CAM user since v15 & am a beta tester. The CAM plugin had never been buggy for me, but it does have its limitations. The good thing is the UI, which you already know. The plugin is easy to use. I would reccomend it. That is my opinion.