584,837 active members*
5,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bc for solidworks new toolpaths question

bc for solidworks new toolpaths question

are any of the new toolpaths that are in bc for solidworks going to be added to v23 , I attempted to ask on the bc forum but I always have trouble logging in to post anything on that forum
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I asked when I upgraded to the SW Pro. Basic answer I got was "probably not"... V23 is now end of life, so I think any future upgrades will be in V24... That was not an official statement, but how I interpreted the response I was given.

BTW, I asked about true 4th, 5th, +th axis support, and he said it is being actively developed. Could not give any kind of timing for release (again a V24 type of addon), but that they were in negotiation with several companies to integrate the algorithms in in the coming year... This is the one feature that has me looking for another CAM solution. I HOPE they can get it integrated within a year, as that would likely coincide with my ability to upgrade me machine to take advantage of it...

kinda figured v23 was coming to an end (versions are short lived) , for the most part I only use it for hobby and the 3d paths that it does work for what I need , but I'm getting geared up at home to do a crap load of injection molds for plastic softbaits , so the extra paths looked handy in time savings
    I must say that I absolutely love the emboss solid in the bc art function , I've been importing my models and have perfect molds within seconds , more optimized tool pathing would have been sweet
    oh well !
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........