585,708 active members*
3,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Mori NV5000 Z-axis ref. adjustment

Our machine Z-axis Ref (Home) position is little bit low. When it changes tool tool holder arm is almost hitting. How can I adjust Z-axis Ref position?
    Thanks

Z Grid Shift

Not sure what parmeter it will be on your control but there will be a parmeter called Z grid shift that you can use to change it be sure you right down the orignal down be for you start adjusting it an I think you can look at you machine number on the Z axis when it is at home make a small adjustment rehome Z and check it again,

Quote Originally Posted by teal854t View Post
    Our machine Z-axis Ref (Home) position is little bit low. When it changes tool tool holder arm is almost hitting. How can I adjust Z-axis Ref position?
    Thanks
    Parameter 1851,Z axis grid shift. As noted by other poster, write down original value and adjust accordingly. Fanuc uses metric numbers, and there is no decimal point used. So if you see 1000 in that parameter, it means 1.000. Drop the decimal point when adding or subtracting value. After you adjust, you will have to power off then back on and perform a zero return

Not sure on this machine but perhaps you should be changing the parameter for the 2nd reference position rather that z axis itself. Most mills with a fanuc are using the g30 x0,y0,z0 in tool change macros. off the top of my head this would be 1240 first reference positon/ machine home 1241 second reference position/tool change. If you change the control to metric mode you can simply input the position display once you have the machine where you want it. Also to set this accuratly you should purchase an ATC alignment tool from your tool distributor.

Oh boy, please don't use ANY of those suggestions without knowing that machine. That is a switchless ( absolute) machine. The minute you change the grid shif parameter, it will require a zero procedure. The procedure is not that hard to do for Z, but can be a real PIA for the ATC. I prefer using the grid shift method, however there is a much easier way. Zero return all axis. Move Z with the MPG to where you want it, then change parameter 1815.4 to a 0. DO NOT TURN OFF THE CONTROL. The control will come up with an alarm and want you to cycle the power. DO NOT. Go back to 1815.4 and change it right back to a 1. Then cycle power. If you need to go higher than the soft limit will let you, you can do it several times or temporarily change the soft limit parameter.

The other way is to change the grid shift parameter (1850), cycle the power. It will come up with an alarm Z needs zero return. Find your cutom page, operator page, and set zero pointset to valid. Manually move the Z axis with the handwheel to 1/8 of an inch below the alignment arrows, then zero return Z axis.

Re: Mori NV5000 Z-axis ref. adjustment

I would love to see a Serial/USB based management https://nail-salonsnearme.com/

debug, stats and firmware update capability. This would make deploying hundreds of GR540/GR560 really simple as I could just apply a list of parameters.