585,959 active members*
4,610 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HELP! Limits and homing are killing me!

Ok. I'm running Mach 3 with a HobbyCNC Pro 4 axis board. If the limit switches are not connected to the board, it works fine but I can't home it. If the limits are connected to the board, after about 2 seconds it says I've hit a limit. Even though no limits are active, switched or soft. I can reset and jog for a second then it will hit limit again. Reset and let it set for a second and it will hit limit again. I have hooked them active high and low respectively with the same result. None of the leds light when the limit is triggered either. This happens when the driver board is powered on. When the board is not powered, it doesn't hit limit and the switches work fine manually.

If the home switches are not enabled, when you hit reference it should zero and home to it's current position. Mine does not. It will still activate the motors and try to find a home switch.

It's wierd and I have double checked all circuits and settings about ten times.

Also, I have my A axis slaved to my Y on my gantry. When I hit reference only one of the motors turns and puts the gantry into a bind.

If anyone can give some insight or advice, I'd be very grateful. This thing is driving me crazy.

Electrical noise is causing the limit switch triggers. You can increase the debounce setting in General Config to see if it helps. Try setting it to 2000-5000.

If the home switches are not enabled, when you hit reference it should zero and home to it's current position. Mine does not. It will still activate the motors and try to find a home switch.
    Your sure they're disabled in Ports and Pins screen?

Also, I have my A axis slaved to my Y on my gantry. When I hit reference only one of the motors turns and puts the gantry into a bind.
    Do you have one switch or two? If only one, then check "Home Slave With Master" in general Config.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the fast response. I'll try that tomorrow when I get back to the machine.

Worked perfect. Thanks alot!