585,894 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

newfangled solutions wizard for mach

My friend bought the Mach Wizard from http://www.newfangledsolutions.com/i...l/products.htm and man IT IS SWEET!! Very easy to use and great functions. Is anyone else using it, what do you think about it any problems?

I am very glad to here that you liked the Conversational Wizard addon that we have done. We have worked very hard to make it a tool that the beginner can use to get started in CNC with out knowing cam AND for the small job shop that needs simple programs FAST. I am adding more goodies to the Wizard set and al updates are FREE for life.

Thank you
    Brian

The add ons are the greatest. I was fortuanate enough to meet Brian at the CNC Workshop last week in IL. If you use Mach this is a must!!!!

Joe Welker

Check it out!

IF you are wondering what, when, why and how about the Newfangled addon for mach3 mill please feel free to check it out! it is in every download of mach3! There is a button on the screen that says "Conversational" if you press this button you will be taken into the wizard set where you can produce the tool paths and vew how the wizard would like to cut your part! If you find you that you would like to have it you can buy a license at www.newfangledsolutions.com

Thank you
    Brian

There have been many updates to the Newfangled addons for mill. I have added in helical ramping to the Rectangular and circular pockets as well as helical finish passes. The Rectangular pocket now has rounded corners and can be at any angle too... The next addition will be cut rectangle where you can do outside or inside Helical or stepped passes. Next is the one that is making me post here... I am going to be adding shape’s I will have DB25, 9 and 15 as well as whatever you would like to have.

I know there are many of you that would love to have this to help make a box for your control 

Thank you for any and all input!
    Brian

Hello Brian and all,
    I can't wait more the shapes wizard )

The old Shapes wizard from German Bravo don't work with Mach3 and new VB !

Thank You

Francis

2d shapes

Art has fixed things with Mach3 so German's 2d shapes now works. I haven't tried Brians latest........what does it do compared to the 2d shapes?

Quote Originally Posted by zcases
    Art has fixed things with Mach3 so German's 2d shapes now works. I haven't tried Brians latest........what does it do compared to the 2d shapes?
    The one that I have done will do any shape as a single pass. I have made a program that will take in a Gcode file and add depth to it with step depth and so on. This is cool because you can load a logo and the wizard will scale,rotate ,and shift the gcode! I can do this for any shape! I have a logo for art as well as a DB25... I have a very long list of shapes that I am going to add and I am in hopes that it will be in the NFS release soon.

There are a few there things that other people have asked for too
    Thanks
    Brian

Brian,

If it would not be terribly difficult, could you add a DB37 as well, I find myself using that occasionally

THanks for all of your effort...Great Product!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rcotteleer
    Brian,

If it would not be terribly difficult, could you add a DB37 as well, I find myself using that occasionally

THanks for all of your effort...Great Product!

Randy

I think it is going to have to be added in It is very simple to add in new shapes ...

Thank you and have a great day
    Brian

lathe wizards

I am in the middle of a mini lathe conversion, I don't have the software to drive it yet, and was wondering if newfangled offered a lathe conversational as well?

Danny

I have not posted here in a bit But I wanted to tell you that there are going to be some new toys coming out with the NFS set We are looking into some new tools for teaching an odd part as well as some probing tools.

Thank you
    Brian

Is there any chance that NFS wizards will work with Mach2? I'm using a Tormach mill and Mach2 is the version they support, possibly because Mach3 seems to be constantly changing and would be hard to support.

Mike

No it will not work But I can tell you that we are done adding stuff to Mach3 and it is only getting bug fixes. So I hope that they will upgrade to Mach3 as it is much better program then Mach2

Thanks and sorry
    Brian

Brian,

Thanks - I've heard that Tormach will provide some info on using Mach3 so I'll probably try that after I get really comfortable with the mill and Mach2.

A quick question - can your surfacing wizard be set up to make passes in only one direction?

Mike

nope But if you think it is something that you need we can look into getting that added... The programer that is working with me is a great guy ans like to see good things like that added

Hello brian,
    can you please add a wizzard in NFS to mill the half balls. With only in parameters the diameter of the ball and the diameter of the tool.

Thank you
    Francis

Brian,

I've used the surface wizard in Mach2 a couple of times to flycut in two passes, one l-R and the other R-L, and the finish looks a little different. I suspect that surfacing in only one direction would would improve the looks of the finish so I'd like to see that featured added to your wizards.

Mike

Mike I will tell Ron

Francis, you are killing me I think it is doable but I would think that is a Cam thing... I have never needed to cut one in the past. What do you need it for?

Thanks Brian. Will something be posted here or elsewhere when/if the feature is added?

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12