585,605 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Identify this

Need help to identify this. See my thread in Metallurgy
    Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OCOM74.jpg  

There are so many forums here that maybe you could either provide a link or simply ask the question here. Cut-n-paste if you have to, help me to help you.:wave:

I couldn't find any "metrolgy" forum either. No matter. It's a form of a toolmakers's measuring microscope, and/or tiny optical comparator. Looks nice. If you don't need it, let me know.

Thanks guys for the response. I should have typed "Metallurgy".(chair) I thought it most likely a toolmakers microscope but haven't seen one with a screen before. Also, although I can see an image through the microscope, I'm not able to get an image to show on the screen. It is a Carl Zeiss as indicated by "Carl Zeiss "on various parts of the instrument but there is no name plate or model# anywhere. Was hoping someone would recognize this instrument and help with a manual.

Ha, we have those all over the place. The screen was used to mount a polaroid camera on to take pictures actually.

Underthetire,

Thanks for the quick response. Would you have access to a manual for that thing?

Jack.

I doubt it. Those things have been around here for so long, i'm sure the manuals are long gone.

Smile

Underthetire,

If no manual, could you tell me how to get the image to project onto the screen? Also, do the ones at your work have a name plate or a model # on them?

Thanks,

Jack.

The one we have in this shop just says Nikon on it, but it's a little different. If I get a chance to go to our other building today, i'll take a look at those. There was about 4 of them over there at one time, but a lot of stuff has gone to scrap lately. The poloroid function was long disscontinued before I even started working here, and we have a lot more modern stuff now, but I think there is still one olderish lady that may remember.

Underthetire,

Thanks, I know this thing is old but for a home machinist I think it is ideal. Now I just need to find out how to fully use it.

Jack.