Hi,
I'm starting a fab lab in the Boston area, and need a recommendation for a good small cnc mill.

Because we will use it for g-code/cnc training, it should have an auto tool changer and have some sort of upgrade path to 4axis.

I like the Haas mini and office mills, but they are too expensive to use for training, and we wouldn't be able to afford multiple ones. Same with the Datron I think. The Tormach is a good one for training, but without ATC we can't give good training for full automation. Same with the Mikini.

The Roland doesn't seem to have a large enough work area or be able to handle a wide enough variety of materials, but seems like a good R&D machine to have in addition to a standard mill.

I could just put in an old VMC, but it will take up sooooo much room and I'm afraid we'll spend all our time servicing it.

I came across the Levil, but can't find anyone who has used one. Since we are not only training but are evangelists for new technology, I need to know what we buy is solid and I can recommend it to our community. Has anyone used a Levil?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Meredith