585,978 active members*
4,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Program stop on Bystronic laser

Here's my problem: We regularly cut holes in steel channels that have been saw cut to length. The machine goes all the way back to the home position after every program completion. Since the material is 3-1/2" steel channel, I would like the machine simply to move to maybe Y10., stop, I would change the material, and then press cycle start again.

I know perfectly well how to do this on any Fanuc based milling machine, but I don't see anything in the Bystronic programming manual about how to do it on the Bystronic laser.

Any ideas?

Hi jdr,

From our knowledge this cannot be changed due to code within the machine software, its is pre programmed to return to reference once the program is complete. If running in automatic, this is vital as the exchange table can't change until the machine is signalled to return to reference. It maybe possible to program with many repeats in the one program however you wouldn't be able to utilise edge detection and you would need to shift origin at the start of each new channel (probably more complicated and time consuming). Hope this helps.
    MBA Engineering. www.mba-eng.co.uk
    Visit our online knowledge base for solutions to your Bystronic problems.

Hi,

I think there is g-code (G28 or G29?) to pause the program, which requires you to press s7 to continue cutting. If you put this after the last cut, the m/c will stop immediatly after the last cut so you can change the material. Then press continue and it will return to reference (end of program).

You would have to change the counter to run multiple times so the program repeats itself.
    Also if you are cutting lots of these it may be usefull to make a jig for the channel to sit in and turn off the sheet edge detection. It saves quite a bit of time if you have say 100's or 1000's to do.
    if you mail me a copy of the codes ill try be more specific as its a few years since I ran a bystronic, and even longer since I cut tubes on one.

Hope this helps.
    let us know. ;-)

I do have some experience cutting hundreds of angle iron/channel stock on bystronic. As far as stopping the cutting process before the machine moves to reference, assuming your programming department has BySoft, they can program a "stop" immediately after the last cut on the bar. This is activated/deactivated with the "Stop Sel" button. As for shifting the origin, this get a bit more involved. The origin of the table actually has threaded holes which would accomidate a jig being bolted in place. This would facilitate an absolute zero point for parts being cut. Once the jig is set up, with part in place, use the edge detection to locate the part zero and ensure the jig is square to the table using the plan rotation value (read only) in the setup machine values. [When viewable it is located at the bottom of the same page as edge detection values.] Once this origin is found, each lcc/ncp file can then be edited on wordpad to default to this location. Specifics can be found in the help/hilfe section of ByVision with builds 8103 and higher. This has had tremedously helped us in our shop. Hope this helps you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jdr1961 View Post
    Here's my problem: We regularly cut holes in steel channels that have been saw cut to length. The machine goes all the way back to the home position after every program completion. Since the material is 3-1/2" steel channel, I would like the machine simply to move to maybe Y10., stop, I would change the material, and then press cycle start again.

I know perfectly well how to do this on any Fanuc based milling machine, but I don't see anything in the Bystronic programming manual about how to do it on the Bystronic laser.

Any ideas?
    You can. The code will be on one block. You will want the head to move to the end on the part, move back, say 12" in the Y.

N1136G40
    N1137G0X69.75 //Moves to the end of the part. Your size will vary.
    N1138G0Y12 //Moves 12" back in the Y to clear the head
    N1139G4M19M00 //Stop

N1139 is all you really need. But your operator need room to move the part around maybe.
    This is for a Byspeed 3015. It should work with most Bystronics. Bystronic WILL NOT help you.

Your thinking about it to hard. Just put say 100 of the same part right on top of each other. Have your stop part light lit. After each part it will stop. Then push the head away, replace part, and push cont.