585,729 active members*
4,429 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > DynaTorch > Is Dynatorch a good choice for mass production work?

Is Dynatorch a good choice for mass production work?

I have been researching plasma tables for 2 years now. The only machines I have seen are a torchmate at a trade show and many esab machines around where i live that seem far too expensive for me. The Dynatorch seems to still be my favorite. It seems that most of the users i see in the forums do a lot of custom work. I want to know if anyone uses it for production work day in and out and if so how well does their machine fair? Also if you possible, when used like this does operation cost of power and consumables drive the cost of your product up to much to be competitive?
    Any response would help me greatly, thanks Homer.

Hey Homer,

I thought you would be enjoying a new CNC plasma table by now. I know it's alot of money to spend. I did alot of research as well before buying my Dynatorch.
    I have a friend who used his Dynatorch day in and day out cutting HVAC parts. So I don't think its an issue.

I just returned from my 3rd Fabtech show. Its great because most all the table builders have their machines set up and cutting. Makes it easy to compare.

Dynatorch was set up there with all the other plasma table builders. There was a Torchmate stepper drive table at the Praxair booth and a Samson table at the show as well. Samson was unlucky enough to be set up right next to Dynatorch.

Dynatorch had their table set up and cutting 3/4" plate with a Hypertherm Hydefinition plasma. They were doing sample plasma cuts and scribing them with the Dynascribe.

As I walked through the show I was curious to compare the Dynatorch cut samples to some of the big boys at the show, like AKS, Multicam, and Messer. These machines sell in the $100,000 plus ranges. They all proudly display their cut samples. I could not tell any difference from the Dynatorch sample and the others. It says alot for Dynatorch cost versus value.

I included a couple of pics.

Magma-joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynatorch 1.jpg   Dynatorch 2.jpg   Dynatorch 3.jpg  

Hey - those are illegal photos! I couldn't believe they had big signs on the way in saying photos in the show were strictly prohibited! That made very little sense...

It's an awesome show and cannot be done in one day like I tried yesterday. I completely missed the lower end plasma booths - all I saw were big, expensive machines. Was real easy to miss stuff at that show!

Quote Originally Posted by panozeng View Post
    Hey - those are illegal photos! I couldn't believe they had big signs on the way in saying photos in the show were strictly prohibited! That made very little sense...

It's an awesome show and cannot be done in one day like I tried yesterday. I completely missed the lower end plasma booths - all I saw were big, expensive machines. Was real easy to miss stuff at that show!

panozeng,

You have to be fast and watch out for the picture police!

Magma-joe