585,719 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Thankyou so much for your help so far. I actually saw some jewellery today and I was wondering if they were cnc and how much that costs coz wow that thing was simple. It was a circle with some holes in it lol. Anyway ill quickly post a scan of my dodgy flame job to show you what i mean. Basically go from the other end and the flames are the metal not the cut out. You have an awesome evening too. Your an awesome drawer too.
    Thanks heaps and soryr if my last post sounded a bit ungrateful.

Well my hand drawing just looks like a bunch of squiggly lines and doesnt really help. Do you get what I mean now? I want the actual flames to go across all the mounting holes and avoid the red lines in the pdf except the one on the top left it doesnt matter much as long as you dont take too much out. its only where the exhaust manifold goes so isnt hard to fix. the other three red lines you cant go past and the gren lines the flames must follow some of but doesnt have to be all of.
    Thanks heaps.

Is what I want impossible? I might just have to be happy with your idea revered and cut the required holes out. Would you be able to do either of those for me?
    Your help is much appreciated.

Ok after trying to draw it my way it is impossible to make it look good. Your way with the flames cut out is a much better idea. Would there be any chance of you redoing it because the flames are going from back to front instead of front to back and I also need to keep the big holes which are red if the layers work in rhino.
    Thanks heaps for your help you've been awesome.

Motas,

Your creative input is necessary, otherwise I have no clue what you want.

If you are serious about doing this please provide a sketch.

Have a most awesome evening,

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chassis-Test.JPG  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Thankyou so much. It is very very close and I'm just quickly changing it to what I want. Basically remove the right flames and the left flames need to be like the other ones and cut out of it. Simple to change though. Will post a pic once I finished.
    Thanks heaps.

Sorry for extremely dodgy paint job but its all I have.
    Thanks again your an awesome person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chassis-Test.JPG  

Motas,

Hope this works for your project.

Attached is a DXF for you to experiment with.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chassis-Flames.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Just went to check if I'd missed anything. Theres one other hole to the left of that one where the engine mount goes through. Very annoying since thats the main point of the design. I cant look at your dxf at the moment because im on my laptop but will have a look tommorow.
    Thanks heaps.
    Edit. Lol you have a pic too. The looks freakin sweet.

Well im on a computer now. I had a much easier idea. I have asked my cousin to draw a flaming skull which will either be cut out of the front of the chassis infront of the holes or engarved all the way along the side of it. I am very grateful for all your help and its a pity neither of our ideas would work but thanks heaps anyway. Now I have one more question which is what to use for a simple program to convert images to cad. Does autocad 2011 have it included or do I need to download something?
    Thanks heaps for all your help you've been great.

Hey again. Thought I would show you what I ended up with. I got a beginer logo designer to draw it up then vectored it into cad. Big thanks to Jeff for help in both threads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Right tvp.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12