586,011 active members*
5,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Cad/Cam Example - Help Me Understand

Cool Cad/Cam Example - Help Me Understand

:cheers: Cheers Guys!
    I have a request to make "if it makes sense". I'm new to CNC but I'm trying to get started. I've ordered a mill, collected servos, purchases Geckos, building a power supply and orderred conversion plans. What I have not been able to do yet, is to put it all together. I don't mean the mechanicals, I can do that given enough time. What I'm talking about, is the drawing, program conversion, machine langage conversion and the actual milling of a part. Is there examples on site or can anyone provide me with samples of a simple (or complex part) from the start to finish. Maybe a drawing file, then a g code conversion file and a pix of the final part. This will help me understand tremendously. See, I'm not from Missouri, but I grew up next door so I guess some of the "show me" must have rubbed off. Thanks in advance for any help.
    billyjack :bs:

Go to Onecnc.com and view all their videos, especially all the mill product videos. Although the clips are short, they will spark a lot of thought on the process of making your machine move.

Chris