585,717 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Biesseworks and slow feed speeds

Greetings
    We have a new Biesse Rover G flat table 5x12 router running Biesseworks. Problem is feed speed on the router with small dia. holes, eg. 7.493mm dia hole using 6.35mm dia router bit with tool correction. It is routing extremely slow (guessing around 1-2 m/min). We also have an older Rover 321 and running the same program on that we are about 4-5 times faster than the newer machine. Been talking to Biesse and the word from Italy is "the smaller the hole, the slower it will feed." I feel like there is a safety value built in somewhere. I have tried overriding feed speeds, no tool correction, different bits and nothing is speeding this thing up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

thats a pretty fine tolerance your trying to work to!
    i have a 321 .
    that size hole would be way out of tolerance without slowing it right down. and i would probably choose a 3mm bit if i wanted it near accurate.
    your new machine code is probably made of lots of small segment moves ? or the machine is trying to keep within the encoder counts. your asking for less than half a milimetre movement in circular interpolation, thats pretty hard to achieve for a big gantry machine

have you thought about using a drill for those holes???
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.

in the tooling tables of Biesseworks open the tool that you want to modify the speed, on the column working speed change the value to yur desired speed.

or...

create a separate tool path for the holes using a 7.5mm drill bit... drill the holes, swap out to a router bit and run the cutting portion of the part.