585,575 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: THC

THC

Hi,

Im looking to upgrade my existing servo system to incorporate thc, i like the idea of the candcnc current monitoring system and would like to incorporate it so im looking to go with them, do i have to replce my bob with theirs to make it work? can i simply wire the thc up dwn arc ok etc signals into my bob? this would save me a heap of wiring and buying components i already have.

Help would be greatfully received

bob

The model that allows current monitoring (DCP-01) Digital Current Probe option is the DTHC Expansion Module. It's a module engineered to plug directly into the UBOB card (used in all our products as the main I/O card). In turn the UBOB has features we take advantage of (like the Port Expander that lets you use one parallel port for all high speed inputs like Homes, limits, E-stop, and the three THC specific ones) The UBOB has custom drivers (plug-ins) for MACH that expands it's capabilities. The DTHC does not have the electronics to talk to the outside world (drivers, opto isolators, terminals, etc.

. Our LCTHC is a more generic THC that will work with virtually any other BOB that runs with MACH3. It does not have the feature set of the DTHC and user interface is strictly from/to the front panel and LCD. It is a bare-bones (but quite usable) Digital THC.

Depending on your current BoB to your servo, you may be able to "front-end" it with the MP3000-DTHC that is a full interface (with UBOBIII I/O and all the cards). There is a pass-through connector on the MTA150 card that comes with the MP3000-DTHC and exposes the Step & Dir signals on a DB25. It's made to plug directly into a G540 or other motor drive systems that uses the 2-9 pins for step & dir. There are also 5 sets of step & dir screw terminals on the same card that could be used to construct a custom interface cable.

TOM caudle
    www.CandCNC.com