585,599 active members*
3,651 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: MDI Window

MDI Window

I was running some test for Tormach on my 770. I have been having problems with Z being to far off and was running a few tests to check backlash. I would zero the tool and enter G0 Z2 in the MDI window and then check the movement distance.

However, tonight when entering the command my cursor moved out side of MDI window. I have no idea what happened, but now when I enter the MDI command the MDI screen just returns blank with no action. And after I enter the first MDI command I can no longer control the machine by the keyboard.

Before I send a note to Tormach, just curious if anyone has ever seen this happen or know what the problem might be?

Sounds like it might need to be reinstalled, no never happened to me yet...

yea, just hate reinstalling while trying to resolve a problem. I'll try again tonight and do some searching. Kinda aggravating as I never use the MDI commands myself.

Try hitting "stop" (e.g. to stop a program) - then see if you can use the keyboard to move the table.
    Tormach PCNC 1100, SprutCAM, Alibre CAD

I tried last night hitting just about every button I could think of, nothing helped. Even rebooting PC. However, I only stopped and started the machine itself. I normally unplug everything at night, so I came in tonight and everything is working.

So next time I will make sure I cut power to everything if something goes astray.

I think I've seen this - or something similar.
    When I hit the Spacebar with the cursor outside of the MDI window, Mach3 tries to Feed Hold and generates the message "Nothing to Feedhold" - then when I go back to the MDI window I have had all the jogging lockup.
    If I click on CLEAR and then STOP - everything is OK again.
    Not sure if there is a bug, but I have never seen the box next to Feed Hold come on when this happens.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SPDTool View Post
    I think I've seen this - or something similar.
    When I hit the Spacebar with the cursor outside of the MDI window, Mach3 tries to Feed Hold and generates the message "Nothing to Feedhold" - then when I go back to the MDI window I have had all the jogging lockup.
    If I click on CLEAR and then STOP - everything is OK again.
    Not sure if there is a bug, but I have never seen the box next to Feed Hold come on when this happens.

Hope this helps.
    That is exactly what happened. I remember the message now...