585,670 active members*
4,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Citizen Start Position L520....L720

Citizen Start Position L520....L720

When going to start position from start position ; Does anybody know what causes the cutoff tool to jump up to position point then back to start position.

The "X" position at the end of your program is NOT the same as the position stated in your "MC DATA" or you did not cancel the offset when it went there.

G50Z.625
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ;
    M7
    G0X#824Z.625T0
    M6

That was my initial thought as well. If I use preparation to move the machine to start position and wait till the cycle is complete, then repeat the cycle, the X axis rapids up to position point then back to start position??

I have had the same thing happen to me and it was because I didn't run the cutoff cycle first. You need to run the cutoff cycle then run the start position.

Quote Originally Posted by chet470 View Post
    When going to start position from start position ; Does anybody know what causes the cutoff tool to jump up to position point then back to start position.
    I think that is just part of the process, similar things happen like when setting a tool length on $2. You jog $2 using the cycle start button, to "Adjust" postion, you then set the tool. Then I often select the cycle again, $2 jogs back using the cycle start button, like before. if you continue to jog $2 in will come back into the "Adjust" again, but I just hit reset once its back out of the way.

I find this method quicker than using the wait cycle, then/or handle to move back out of the way, plus has the added bonus that you ain't gonna move the wrong way. The machine will do this for all tool sets etc

Machine is K12

The position at the end of your cutoff cycle (X-.120 or something like that) needs to be the same as what you put into your MC DATA "Cutoff End Position" (#824) Also after that is done you open the collet (M7) and RAPID back to start position (G0X-.12Z.586T0), Make sure that "X" is the same as your MC DATA and that you have the "T0" or it will make the cutoff go up and back down.
    I promise, if those are the same, it will NOT do what you are saying.
    If they are NOT the same it will do it eveytime you do start position after a cycle.
    Been there, done that!