585,987 active members*
4,197 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Machine Group missing from file

Machine Group missing from file

Anyone else open a MX4 files and find that you machine group is missing from the file. Toolpath Group is there, but the machine group not. So I add a machine group and move the operations into the newly created machine group now when I open one the operations, none of the tools used are listed. Now I closed off Mastercam, re-opened it and the file and the tools are there. MASTERCAM SUCKS ASS!!!!

How did you hold your tongue when you opened Mcam ??

X4 is almost stable. Get ready for the ride. Maintenance customers just paid for a whole new round of bugs and crashes. It called X5.

John

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigJW View Post
    X4 is almost stable. Get ready for the ride. Maintenance customers just paid for a whole new round of bugs and crashes. It called X5.

John
    I was told they almost cut it loose but found somethings, so maybe they are realizing they are not the only vendor and need to pull their heads out and ship a QUALITY product. One of the engineers wrote a brag article for Modern Machine Shop, it did not impress me. From the screen shots the post editor looked like a good coat of wax, but yet no substance. Maybe CadCam will create a YouTube video on how to use the post editor, if it is set up so a lay person can actually solve a problem then they have ended one of the problems.

To think that the company I work for has been paying thousands of dollars for maintenance for this product for who knows how many years...... for what? The endless bugs? The never ending program crashes? Or maybe it is the non-existing support that we get? I do see a light at the end of the tunnel though. With the new versions of Mastercam that are flying out the doors at CNC Software, the lack of improvements have led us to look elsewhere for a cam package.

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutz View Post
    With the new versions of Mastercam that are flying out the doors at CNC Software, the lack of improvements have led us to look elsewhere for a cam package.
    New products flying out the door?????

From CNC's website.
    "You may not have realized that your Mastercam Version 9 was released nearly a decade ago."

So ten years ago was the introduction of Mastercam 9. Now at X5. So thats means 5 updates in ten years. Can't really count X5 for the last few days. So X5 really means Mastercam 2005.

But I guess it would be really hard to announce the new release of Mastercam 2005 at the last IMTS.

John

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutz View Post
    To think that the company I work for has been paying thousands of dollars for maintenance for this product for who knows how many years...... for what? The endless bugs? The never ending program crashes? Or maybe it is the non-existing support that we get? I do see a light at the end of the tunnel though. With the new versions of Mastercam that are flying out the doors at CNC Software, the lack of improvements have led us to look elsewhere for a cam package.
    What vendors are you looking at? and have you had a demo?