585,702 active members*
4,204 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ezlink

Page 1 of 4 123

Ezlink

Can someone send me a copy of EZLINK and maybe some helpfull instructions on how to talk to my R2E4 Series 1 Bridgeport?
    [email protected]

Thank you!!

Hi,

Check your email for the file. Thank you George (Machinetek) for helping us out.

You have to have DOS from Windows 3.1 or older. We have DOS 3.3 (I think) running on an ancient system right now. Newer systems DOS windows do NOT communicate properly with the Bridgeport.

We have an R2E3 Bridgeport, but I think it is pretty close to R2E4.

After putting the file in a directory on the hard drive (we use C:\Transmit). We make sure the file name is five numbers and then use a .txt extension. (like 42222.txt).
    Start EZlink, go to directory and type ldezlink.exe and then Enter.
    Press F1, and tell the software the directory the file is located in and the file name (you don't have to enter .txt). After that you select Remote or DNC mode.
    Press F2, and the baud rate should be 4800.
    When you press F3, it goes into a ready mode and waits on the Bridgeport controller to come pick it up. That's all we had to do.

From your controller, choose DNC for the loading option, and then type your five character file name (42222) and execute.

Tim Glover

Thank you

Hello, I appreciate all your help everyone, I was able to send code and run the program. I can't thank you all enough. :banana: :wee: :wave:

Will the same EZLINK work with my R2E3? I haven't set up a computer yet to upload files but it's next on my to-do list.
    Dale

YES! BUT this is for DNC where the program length exceeds the memory of the machine. I used (and still use) PROCOMM, but DOS based to communicate with Bridgeports, Heidenhains, and Fanucs.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Copy of EZLINK

We flashed up our R2E3 today and would love a copy of EZLINK. [email protected].
    Thanks
    Dave

Check your Email. Remember to use pure DOS not WIN XP.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sucess

With a special thanks to Jim, Tim, Bill and George I am happy to report that we too can now upload to our R2E3.
    I think the BPT tech Bulletin 7 is the best resource for one stop shopping for information.
    Now that we have the download working in DOS I am going to find or create a utilty that will upload in XP :-)

Thanks again for all the help.
    Dave

Does anyone know if EZlink works on Boss 5, and if allows drip feed on that machine? If so can someone send a copy?

TIA John

[email protected]

DOES NOT WORK WITH BOSS 5. The BOSS 5 cannot DNC unless it has the optional BPT DNC loader or if you retrofitted the machine with a BTR (behind the tape reader) device. I do not know what these new BTR devices use for DNC software. Maybe someone else can advise you on that.

George

Unhappy EZ TRAK PLUS control unit

Hello!
    I'm from Poland so sorry for my english in the beginning...
    I've found some post regarding EZ-FILE, EZ-CAM, EZ-LINK softwares. I work on quite old Bridgeport mill with EZ-TRAK PLUS control unit and I'm having troubles because of lack of those programs..
    Unhappy Every time I have to put the program manually so I'd like to change that and use a laptop where I can store all progs.
    Could you please be so kind and send those programs to me??? I can't find them anywhere....

MAny thanks in advance and waiting for a possible prompt answer,
    Greg, [email protected]

PS. Any additional support such as which cable to use or any other useful instructions on how to use the softwares would be much apprecied!

PS2. Please note that my e-mail capacity is limited to 20MB per message..

I sent you some files that should work with the PC version of the EZTRAK. If you have the older version (made by southwestern industries), I do not know what to send.
    EZCAM is a very large file and is not shareware. EZFILE is a smart external storage device.

Jerzy

Question EZ TRAK PLUS control unit

Hello!
    Thanks a lot for your contribution but I'm not sure if it will work.

I'm attaching some pictures of control unit and I suppose it's quite old (does anyone know that?). It has a 7-segment displays, no CRT. However, I've found in the manual that EZ-FILE and EZ-LINK are working with that..

machintek, are you from Poland?? What a concidence - I'm from Wroclaw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interface.jpg   rear.jpg   transmision.jpg  

This is a very old EZTRAK made by Southwestern Industries of California.
    The last time I installed one of these was in 1992.
    My parents grew up in Poland and survived the war there. Then they came to the US.
    I can still speak Polish but I am very rusty as far as reading and writing.

George

Exclamation EZ TRAK PLUS control unit

Thanks a lot again for so quick reply.

Do you think that the EZLINK file which you have sent to me, shall work with that unit or is it already for newer devices?
    Do you know any other sources where I could find that?

Regards, Greg

Greg,
    I sent you EZUTLS which is the communications part of EZCAM. EZLINK is a part of this. Per the manual for your machine, this should work with your machine (I am surprised). Please remember that this is a old program that runs in DOS and will not run in Windows XP or 2000, etc. I also did not see a diagram of the communications cable in the book.

George

Lightbulb Ez-trak Plus

Hello!
    Unfortunately I have a laptop with Win2k OS, but when I'm trying to launch the application it works! (does not show any warnings/errors).
    Anyway I have to try also with DOSbox - DOS environment emulator.

You've said that EZ-LINK is a part of EZ-UTLS. So I suppose I shall run <utls.exe>. I did so (it's win application) but I'm not able to set a file to be sent! (I've tried with no machinery connection and for instance for BOSS I can select a file.)

Which exactly is the purpose of EZ-LINK and EZ-UTLS? I'm at the "beginner stage" so please be clear as much as possible on how do I manage them.

I'll try to build up a cable connecting TxD RxD GND as usually for RS232. Then I need to define in EZ-LINK the program filename, baudrate and press RUN?!

What is the meaning of "DNC link" & "remote load", what is the difference and which am I supposed to use?

Basically I would like to send the file to the control unit. Does EZ-LINK send the programs or EZ-UTLS?

Also one more request: previously I've entered the program directly so I was choosing the function and entering parameters one by one. Now my confusion is how this should be written on PC for this machine? Do you have any example (or you know where to find them) so I can use it as a tutorial?? How to use ARC, CIRCLE, etc. and which is the syntax.

I'd be glad for your further support,
    Greg

Hi i also have a R2E4 and would love to have a copy of EZlink, just got my machine up and running and would like to program it from my pc. what is the good cad program to use for this old machine. I use dp-exprit to program my wire machines will this also work for the bridgeport. Thanks

E-Mail: [email protected]

Hi,
    check your mailbox. That's what I've got.

Rgds

Please can someone send me a copy of Ezlink as a zip file as my email system will not accept exe files. Thanks
    [email protected]
    SteveSteve

Page 1 of 4 123