585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ezlink

Page 2 of 4 1234

EZ Link file

Hi I am new here and was just getting ready to post asking for help sending files to my R2E4 with Boss 9 when I saw this post.

Can you also email me a copy of EZLink to [email protected]?

I have been trying different communication settings using BobCad V17 on a windows 2000 professional laptop. I cannot get the machine to communicate with the computer. I have tried A and B ports on the machine, serial and parallel PC ports, diff baud rates, parity, stop bits etc. sending info from BobCad and 'manually' out of DOS. Is my version of windows too new? Is anyone else sending Bobcad files directly to a Boss 9 machine? Do I want the machine to receive data from a remote or DNC source? On the 2nd line at the top of the display below the Boss 8-9 text it says "DNC off" do I need to change this, if so how?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jon

R2E3 Update

I am updating my BP Boss 8. I understand that it will only communicate with software of the same vintage as the machine (so no good using XP,win2000,win98,win95) so I have bought an old laptop (Thinkpad 760ed) and installed DOS ver5. I believe that I have to use pure Dos and I am now trying to get hold of a copy of the communication protocol Ez-link (or perhaps use Procomm). So far this has cost me $150. Machinetek sent me a copy of Ez-link but my email system (outlook) will not accept exe attachments so it was blocked. Hence I am trying to get someone to send it as a zip file.
    I'll update my progress.
    [email protected]
    SteveSteve

EZ link connection

I am not sure you need the older PC or OS to talk to your machine.

I got a 6.1 version of EZ Utils which contains the EZlink file on the disk. It took a few days but I am now able to send data to my Boss 9 R2E4 using the lap top running windows XP I have not been able to get my windows 2000 laptop to communicate though.

I have the machine set @ 4800 baud (port B)
    PC @
    7 data bits
    even parity
    2 stop bits
    no hand shake
    com1 serial port connection
    4800 baud

Not sure if this helps with your machine, I can send the vesion of EZ Link I am running if you need it. Unfortunately my BobCad V17 won't run on XP but will run on 2000 so I have to keep swaping a jump drive back and forth for file xfer

Jon

I just brought home a R2E4 Mill. I would like a copy of EZ link as well.
    Thank You
    archie =) =) =)
    [email protected]

Calling all users of these R2E3 R2G4 and like. I have an R2G4 with a Fanuc comtorller. I have broched this subject one some other threads and made progress but am still stuck. I seem to be stuck on how to set work co-ordinantes and offsets. It seems that the manual uses these terms so interchangably that I cannot figure it out.

Is there anyway to talk with any of you on the phone? Anyone close to Wisconsin? I know that once I get started I can .. cause and effect,,, my way into more complexe areas but right now I'm stuck. YES, I read and re read the manuals but make very slow progress. I have a tech that I am trying to get over here. Real money and all but it is not one of his priorities.

Thanks for reading. Lee 605-262-3429 in the AM

Hello,
    Could someone please send me a copy of EZ Link. I would like to download programs to my BOSS 8. It would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]

Jay

Hello,
    Could someone please send me a copy of EZ Link. I would like to DNC programs to my BOSS 8. It would be greatly appreciated.
    [email protected]

Cool Com For Boss 7plus

OK could we please get at least into the twenthy century Windows 95 98 and 2000 have in there com menu Hyper therminal you can wright program in notebook or note pad and inport to the machine the inboard plug on the machine should work look in your maintnance manual for the baud rate setting there are dip switches to set hyper term has a setup for Xon Xof ect.
    You need a cable with the proper pinout for a DB9 or DB25 to your PC some versions of W98 don't have HT in them place machine in edit with pc having HT open If everthing is wright when you go to setup and press the edit key the monitor will display Boss 7,8,9,ect Edit I type CtlQ which then gives me Xon Xof Then go to send text file select 3.5, My Doc CD ect select Enter screen should display your program loading when it's done press enter then ctlZ enter to exit the edit light should go out on the control press Power enable auto start and program should run If you need to delete a program KK enter should work To empty the memory cut in air first to be sure Good luck Kevin P.S. If you dont have manual George [Machinetec] should have a cable drawing I have been using Bobcad V19 and V20 with limitted sucess had to get a little help tweaking the post and I proofread it to avoid crashes and waisted part's

That's great that you can use Hyperterminal to transfer programs less than 12,000 characters to your control, but Hyperterminal won't work to DNC the Boss 8. I'm not referring to simple file transfer to the control's memory, I'm referring to true DNC where the control executes the code as it comes in the RS232 port. Boss 8 prevents buffer overflows differently than Hyperterminal's protocol.

ez link software

I have a boss8 control too and was hoping some kind soul would send me the software. I have the manual but no software.
    Thank you,
    Cutmore

To what email address?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Please send the ez link file to
    [email protected]
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Check your Email. Remember to use pure DOS not WIN XP.

George
    Hi I´m reading this EZfile forum because I´m having the same problem that my other machinist friends , I´m trying to load a huge file to my E2R4 machine by port B using a RS232 cable already pined out as all peaople recomend , problem is that I do not have any drip feed file transfer , after choosing DNC at the machine display . Could you be so kind to send me a copy of ezfile software ? my e-mail is [email protected] also my files names are just 3 digits long , do I need to define 5 diggits names instead of 3? could you please give me step by step actions after choosing DNC port ?
    Thanks in advance
    Alejandro

Thank you Eric and George for your fast response , I appreciate your help to get Ezlink and the brief instructions from you , I´ve already worked with it and it works ¡ my last question , do you know why at the end of drip feeding the program the machine defines a " finish error " Does the driped feed programs need to end in an special instruction ?

Thanks again
    Alejandro Zamora

I just picked up a Series 1 Bridgeport EZ-Trak Plus also (Southwestern Industries built cnc) and would like the EZ-Link software and any docs that may help me with communicating with a pc and CAD/CAM software (looking at both EZ-CAM and Bobcad right now).

Thanks,
    [email protected]

Smile All manuals and software that I recieved previously

Hi , attached I'm sending the bridgeport ez-software and instruction that I recieved previously from another fellows on this forum
    Best Regards
    Alejandro
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for that! I'll see how that works.

Dave

Dnc

i've been using ezutils for maybe 12 years now. it has always worked super for the smaller files because it doesn't have the ability of dnc. i've drawn a number of parts that takes more than 4k bites and had to make a work around in my programs usually by loading the programming twice.

is there any thing out there that is of shareware type status that someone could forward to me. the BP shop mgr gave me this program. super guy but after they closed the chicago svc center bridgeport went to hell in a hand basket fast.

my email is [email protected] .

tks much
    craig

Dave, I do not think EZLINK will work with the Southwestern control. It was designed for the BOSS 8 and 9 to work with Port B only at 4800 baud like RS422.

Craig, EZUTLS should include EZLINK. But what machine do you have?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thankfully it does work on my machine. With some help here I was able to put together a cable, and with the DOS version of the ez link software I was able to load a sample file from a PC to the ez trak plus and run it. Happy days!

Now I need an inexpensive cad/cam package that will post the correct format. I'm looking at both bobcad and EZ-cam right now.

Page 2 of 4 1234