585,902 active members*
4,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ezlink

Page 3 of 4 1234

ezutils

machintek tks for this quick reply.

well i use it on my boss 5 & 6, (i have 4) i also have an R2E3 boss 8 but currently i use the old BP 5 1/4 drive box. works real well. i just haven't put a computer over there yet is why.

the ezutils i have is just that. ezutils is all bp gave me. oh and i have used it in windows 3.1, 95, 98 and now XP home. they have all work super. in xp u just need to set the # port and leave it.

tks again
    craig

Wrong phone number

Quote Originally Posted by leeputman View Post
    Calling all users of these R2E3 R2G4 and like. I have an R2G4 with a Fanuc comtorller. I have broched this subject one some other threads and made progress but am still stuck. I seem to be stuck on how to set work co-ordinantes and offsets. It seems that the manual uses these terms so interchangably that I cannot figure it out.

Is there anyway to talk with any of you on the phone? Anyone close to Wisconsin? I know that once I get started I can .. cause and effect,,, my way into more complexe areas but right now I'm stuck. YES, I read and re read the manuals but make very slow progress. I have a tech that I am trying to get over here. Real money and all but it is not one of his priorities.

Thanks for reading. Lee 605-262-3429 in the AM
    That was supposed to be 608-262-3429.

Need an Update.

hey all, im in the process of fixing up my bp r2e3 b8 (been actively taking everyones advice on another thread)but i will soon need ezutils can anyone help out with the software as well as some docs on how to use it. thanks.

[email protected]

r2e3 comunication problem

Hi everyone!
    I have problem trying to send part programs files via port B.
    the baud rate are 2400 already on the machine control display
    I try using Q-link for powerstation but just get two errors:0040 and 0800

the secuency i´m using is:
    LOAD
    REM (2)
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM
    FROM REM (0)
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM
    PRESS EXECUTE BUTTOM (APEAR *)
    SEND FILE FROM PC SOFTWARE
    APPEAR ERROR 0040 ON SCREEN CONTROL
    PRESS RESET PROGRAM BUTTON
    APPEAR ERROR 0800 ON SCREEN CONTROL

If someone can tell it is the correct secuency
    and send me EZ-LINK program

I will apreciate it to much!

Thanks!

Hi Famoldin,
    The sequence I use with My R2E3 is,
    1. go to edit
    2. Press Execute, the * should appear(this needs to happen before you start your software)
    3. go to Pc and start Ez-link, set Baud rate to match R2E3(9600 in my case)
    4. (As long as the Ez-Link is in the same directory as the file I want to load) Go to R2E3, Scroll to Load, then REM, and then From Rem
    Finally, I enter the file number and enter.

If Ez-link is not in the same dierectory as the files, you just have to tell ez-link what directory your files are in.

Hope that helps,
    Cutmore

DB9 pinouts

Hi people!
    I was getting trouble to communicate an R2E3 bridgeport mill using Ezlink, finally I can do it, making a new cable with the following pin out.

PC db9 PINs AMT round connector PIns (port B)
    chasis (solder wire) pin 5
    pin 2 (Tx) pin 8 (Rx)
    pin 3 (Rx) pin 6 (Tx)
    pin 5 GND pin 7 GND

db9 pinout for r2e3 bridgeport

I have paste a picture for the connection db9 to amp connector on galery members

I just picked up an R3E4 with a Boss 9 control. The previous owner has a cable attached to port B ending in a parallel connector. As I read through this post it looks like I could use a copy of EZlink. If anyone can help, my email is [email protected]

I just picked up an R2E4 with a Boss 9 control. The previous owner has a cable attached to port B ending in a parallel connector. As I read through this post it looks like I could use a copy of EZlink. If anyone can help, my email is [email protected]

That is not a parrallel connector just because it is 25 pin. Way back when this machine was made most serial ports (and Fanuc to this day) used 25 pin connectors.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these threads. I downloaded the EZ Utilities from another thread, rewired the connector and loaded a program in today with a PC using Win98.

I am a new user and recently bought a Bridgeport with Boss 10. I have it up and running but would like to connect a laptop via serial com to it to transfer programs and possibly ?"drip feed"? data? I do not know if this is the correct term.

The book says the MoBoard has 2 com ports and one is taken by one of the CNC boards.

There are also 2 jacks onthe back of the elec cabinet that are jumpered?? Any idea why?

I see EZ-Link and EZ-Util talked about a lot. Where can I download these files and give it a shot?

Thanks for any help. my email is [email protected]

I have a Bridgeport R2E3 Series I CNC Milling Machine, I believe it was made in 1984.
    I'm trying to learn how to program it.
    I sounds like I need a copy of EZLINK to program it.
    Can someone send me a copy of EZLINK and maybe some helpfull instructions?

my email is [email protected]
    Thanks
    Jay

EZlink is used for upload/download of a program and for DNC through port B.
    More useful is a dumb terminal/editor.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ezelink software

Hello George is it possible you can send me a copy of EZELINK and if possi acopy of EZ-PLUS if available as I can't get it in the UK. My email is [email protected]
    Cheers George

Talking BOSS 5.0, WinXP, and Procomm

Hey folks, thanks for all the great info. I just wanted to share a little success story. You can pass programs to a stock BOSS 5.0 machine running Procomm under WinXP. I am hand programming right now, and wanted to be able to use my editing software (UltraEdit) among other things all at the same machine while in the shop. All I had to do was configure the COM port in the hardware profile to 4800, 8, 2, Xon/Xoff enable and so on. I set up Procomm with the same COM settings. I initially had a problem with line pacing within Procomm because I would loose a character or two about every other line. A line pace setting of about 400 Ms did the trick. The only issue I am having with all this is that if load a program, run it, then try to load another program, the machine will not run the next program. It will take the "K" which clears the registry and will accept the new program, but will not run it. It seems like I have to hit the clear/reset switch every time before loading and running a new program. This may be procedural problem on my part, or it may be normal for these machines. Anybody know?

Try Ctrl Z to exit edit.
    Al

Smile Ctrl Z

Thanks for the suggestion! I have the original M-128D Operating Manual that the original owner gave me. It agrees with you - on page 4-5, par. 4.2.2 step e has you entering Ctrl Z to disestablish communication from the BOSS. I don't believe I have tried to run a program without doing so, but I will make doubly sure I do so in the future and see if that helps!

Jay

Bridgeport EZ-Trak Plus

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am looking for the software to create files and send them to/from the EZ-Trak Plus controller. The manual mentions EZ-CAM, EZ-LINK, and EZ-FILE. I'm not sure if anyone can share these (or something similar) but I would appreciate any assistance.

I am also not sure about the formatting for writing the files. I was planning to just create text files. Can someone paste in an example (or a link) of what the EZ-Trak expects to see? Thanks.

[email protected]

Hi George , if I have a Bridgeport Interact 1 with heidenhain 2500 plc , could I get a copy of your PROCOMM software , does it has detailed operation procedure to a DNC process ?
    thanks
    Alejandro

Page 3 of 4 1234