585,712 active members*
4,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Ezlink

Page 4 of 4 234
    George , A dum terminal/editor for DNC download at Bridgeport R2E4 machine ? , what kind of sotware is that ? could you send me a copy and the way you use it ? thanks
    Alejandro

A dumb terminal is used for editing or for communicating with the FIST monitor on a BOSS 9. I use a DOS version of FREEWARE called PROCOMM. It is NOT for DNC.
    I believe EZLINK through Port B will DNC. I have never needed to do it. If you read the posts you can find out who is doing DNC.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ok George , now I´m DNC transfering to my bridgeport R2E4
    thanks , now my issue is to do the DNC with Interact 1 with heidenhain TNC 2500 control, do you have the bridgeport software for this machine ?

I am not sure where the perfect place is to put this. However I have a strange problem when using drip feed on Bridgeport Discovery 308 about half way through it will just do something stupid like run a .2500 endmill right through the part I am using Bobcad 24 in 3d mode. I am way over 24000 characters. I did notice that there were some comments about Bobcad having 3d issues like this. However before I point fingers I want to look at the machine. I did do this in a Z rough did the same thing on the part about the same place. and the code on Z finish was almost double and it did it at the same place on the part. So I was hoping if it was the drip feed someone could give me some ideas. I hope this is the correct thread. What I am thinking is the machine chocking on the code and losing its place when in drip feed. However I noticed that once it recovers from the code issue the it machines the part perfect like it never missed a beat. I am stumped.

I have not ever used DNC. However I have done a lot of reading here. Are you sure the line number has not reached some sort of maximum?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    I am not sure where the perfect place is to put this. However I have a strange problem when using drip feed on Bridgeport Discovery 308 about half way through it will just do something stupid like run a .2500 endmill right through the part I am using Bobcad 24 in 3d mode. I am way over 24000 characters. I did notice that there were some comments about Bobcad having 3d issues like this. However before I point fingers I want to look at the machine. I did do this in a Z rough did the same thing on the part about the same place. and the code on Z finish was almost double and it did it at the same place on the part. So I was hoping if it was the drip feed someone could give me some ideas. I hope this is the correct thread. What I am thinking is the machine chocking on the code and losing its place when in drip feed. However I noticed that once it recovers from the code issue the it machines the part perfect like it never missed a beat. I am stumped.

As much as I like BobCad for what I do. I've had the same problem and It was with BobCad 24 and not with my machine. Try simulating it on the computer and you most likely see that it's the code and not the machine.

Page 4 of 4 234