585,676 active members*
5,108 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Company statement regarding accusations made by member iDesign

Company statement regarding accusations made by member iDesign

Dear CNCzone members,

In light of the slanderous and incorrect comments posted by CNCzone member iDesign, we would like to present our side of the story and defend our company’s reputation. It is unfortunate that it is so easy to post irresponsible statements on the WEB without facts. We leave it up to the CNCzone community to make its own determination of our commitment and level of service and quality.

The facts are the following to date:

Mr. iDesign purchased a NM-135 mill and CD-100 “controller only” version from Novakon in December of 2008. A controller only version is sold without the built in computer, relying on the customer to provide an operating computer.

Mr. iDesign contacted Novakon support in November of 2009, requesting assistance as the controller on his NM-135 was not operating properly. He stated that it was 11 months after our delivery before the mill was powered on for the very first time. Novakon’s warranty requires that each machine be opened, inspected and operated within 2 weeks after delivery to verify that there is no damage due to shipping, which could be claimable from the carrier by Novakon. Regardless of this discovery, Novakon decided to honor the warranty and to support Mr. iDesign’s claim.

After many weeks of assistance to Mr. iDesign by our support personnel through numerous telephone calls and e-mails, Novakon recommended that the controller be shipped back to our factory for a thorough and complete testing.

Upon receiving the controller, a defective break out board was discovered and replaced with a new one. Prior to shipping back to Mr. iDesign, Novakon made sure that all systems worked properly and the controller was returned to Mr. iDesign.

After receiving the controller, Mr. iDesign informed Novakon that he still had a problem with the spindle operation of his machine, and that we needed to address the issue. Otherwise, he would take action against our company.

Novakon offered Mr. iDesign a 100% credit of his purchase price towards our new NM-145. (The NM-135 was no longer available, and the NM-145 mill had replaced it). Mr. iDesign declined our offer and demanded the resolution we offered as well as other reimbursements such as personal time invested, phone calls charges, work loss charges, etc… All follow up repair actions were stopped by his own accord and Novakon is still waiting on how to proceed according to the terms of our warranty.

Mr. iDesign has not requested for any further repairs to be made to date, and subsequently has chosen to make slanderous remarks about our company.
    We believe our very best efforts were put forth to satisfy Mr. iDesign, by going above and beyond in order to rectify this unfortunate situation.

Novakon is still interested in resolving this matter as long as Mr. iDesign will accept the warranty terms of the machine he purchased to bring this matter to a close in a civilized and professional manner. We hope this brings clarity to the CNCzone members, and gives confidence to new and existing customers of our commitment in providing the best level of customer service, quality of machines and competitive pricing possible.

NOVAKON SYSTEMS LTD.

It is always fun to get both side of the story.

You could have 99% positive feedback, will will always remember the 1% negative until we ear from other party.

Jeff

Thats ok, I'm still 100% interested in the machines. Plus, I have family in Toronto! I'll come knocking if I got problems JK.

People need to take manners in their own hands, I understand some things need to be done by the company, but to many people whine and complain instead of just doing it themselves.

-Jason

Thanks for telling your side of the story Novakon. It's good to know that you did everything you could to help this guy, above and beyond for sure.

I was worried for a while there as this was the most concerning problem I had read about. Now things make a lot of sense and people were right about this guy, what a piece of work.

You're still one of the best companies out there in my books