585,975 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc/Hurco Spindle Drive Problem

Fanuc/Hurco Spindle Drive Problem

I have a Hurco BMC20 Ultimax Control with Fanuc spindle and axis drives/servos. I can not get the spindle to turn on. When I manually turn on the spindle, it shows an RPM for about 5 seconds until it alarms out. I can actually turn the RPM control knob and the RPM on the screen will change until it alarms out. The alarm is "Agree signal failure". I have checked all the cables between the Hurco boards and the Fanuc spindle drive. Also, I have had the Z axis/spindle dual axis board checked and it is in good working order. I have also checked the constant 5 volts to the pulse generator and it also looks good. The incoming 220 volts to the drive checks good. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong??? Pulse generator?? Spindle drive issue??

You do not say what Fanuc system or what Spindle controller AC DC etc??
    Is it a SP controller that displays # code?
    The agree signal is often termed the up to speed signal, some sp drives including Fanuc has small status relays for output to the controller, e.g. zero speed, up to speed etc. these have a habit of failing over time.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Here is what it said on the spindle unit tag:
    AC Spindle Servo Unit
    A06B-6052-H002

Your question "Is it a SP controller that displays the # code" I'm not sure I understand. There is no display on the spindle unit. These status relays, are they difficult to replace. Is there a way to check or test them? What do they look like? Thanks.

Not sure wether I have info on that drive, but they usually have either a Digit diplay or simple LED status.
    The relays are small cubes soldered into the top board, if it has them.
    Al.

Albert E.

Yes, this drive has the row of red alarm LED's. However they do not light up when the machine alarms out.

If it is Something like the up to speed, this is an output from the drive just to let the Control know it at speed, if the relay does not output for some reason, this is not neccessarily a drive fault, (apart from a bad relay which the drive would not be aware of) , but if the CNC control monitors this during M3/M4 and does not see it in a certain time, ( providing the MTB programmed it this way).
    Then it could be issuing a fault for this reason.
    The easy way of trouble shooting this is through the on screen ladder display.
    You still did not mention what Fanuc control this is, all have the ability of displaying the PMC ladder and this is a valuable diagnosis tool if it is learnt.
    Al.

Albert E.

This is a Hurco Ultimax II control.

I took it for granted it was a Fanuc with the Spindle controller you mentioned as Hurco did fit complete Fanuc systems to some of their machines.
    I am not familiar with that control, apart from checking the signal I already mentioned.
    Al.

Albert E.

Pl. post Fanuc spindle Drive model no or Details Whether it is a new digital Drive or Old anlog Drive with Led`s or 5 Digit 7segmet Diply Or 2Digit 7 segment Disply. What are the Led`s ON.
    Your Machine faults look like that Exessive error, Drive getting the command and not responding. Are you getting spindle hunting. if you got spindle hgunting it maybe feed back error if it is not chec the Drive.

1) i have a machine of Hurco BMC 20. but now the machine accure a problem that ( Agree signal Failure) message again and again when we boot a machine, ,so with such case there no any parts calibrated, such X axis and Y axis,( not calibrated)
    2) some time one other message appear, (Servo fault on Z) so please quick response me thanks.

1) i have a machine of Hurco BMC 20. but now the machine accure a problem that ( Agree signal Failure) message again and again when we boot a machine, ,so with such case there no any parts calibrated, such X axis and Y axis,( not calibrated)
    2) some time one other message appear, (Servo fault on Z) so please quick response me thanks.

hate to stir up an old thread but I'm having dang near the same problem with our bmc-50. When the problem occurs our operator trys to zero out machine and gets a spindle fault orient error. then when he trys to make the spindle move he gets the agree signal failure. open the cabinet and the led display shows AL-12. However, we turn off the machine and boot it back and the issue is gone for a while.

i have hurco bmc 30 i have an alarm servo fault check servo drive.
    pls tell me the solution.