585,975 active members*
5,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Maxnc CNC mini mill, need help Phoenix, AZ

Maxnc CNC mini mill, need help Phoenix, AZ

picked up a used MAxNc a couple of years ago and has sevrved me well for basic engraving but I am limited to the basic font characters that came with the machine. I would like to know if there is a good engraving program available that will work with this unit. The unit is a maxnc 10 open loop system, I would also like to upgrade to a closed loop system and update the computer with something a bit newer than Windows 98. the previous owner already upgraded the motors.

I have tried to contact MaxNc several times with no luck, I thought I would keep buisness local if I ever needed help or assistance.

I would also would like to offer engraving for customer supplied artwork something that I could scan and upload to the CNC, I have been told that Corel Draw will work for this application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

azarmory,

Do you already have Mach3?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    azarmory,

Do you already have Mach3?

Jeff...
    not sure, I bought this equipment used, it was basically a plug and play unit. The previous owner gave me a quick run down, showed me how to engrave and I was up and running.
    the way the unit is currently set up is thru Windows 98, I use the engave.exe program, type in what I would like it to engrave and save the file as a .T. I then have to close out Windows and open up DOS, set up the work piece, open up my saved .T file and run the program.
    the only way I am able to change any of the standard fonts built into the engrave.exe program is to manually write my own lines of code and if I want to engrave two lines of text I have to create two seperate lines of text and then copy and paste them into 1 .T file. Even more complicated is attempting to create text in a circular pattern.
    Now I am no CNC wiz but there has got to be an easier way! I have seen several CNC programs available and yes Mach3 was one of them but I have less experiance with what programs will or will not work with my unit. I have been told that CorelDraw will work with being able to scan pictures and converting them to single line drawing and creating a .DXF file for the Maxnc to run?