585,877 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Syil electronics for Sieg X3 Super

Syil electronics for Sieg X3 Super

Hi,
    as I am still not getting any answer from SYIL, so I must write to the forum. Hopefully you are more careful before considering direct purchase from SYIL. And hopefully somebody can help me futher.

Background story:
    ==============
    We purchased several years ago (as hobbists group order) actually probably the 1st SIEG SuperX3s (3pcs) that left the factory. As the initial idea was to convert those to CNC, we welcomed SYIL brandnew CNC kit and purchased those too... We did conversion for 2 kits, but burned during the conversion SIEG original controllers. After long messages never getting answered (a lot for chinese manufacturers using ISP-s those have misconfigurated email services, so its quite common that such answers are rejected as not compliant with internet mail standards).

So, finally got contact and sent those to SYIL to arrange replacement with newer SIEG ones supposed to work with SYIL electronics, but got nothing back. Lost totally contact with SYIL. They just stopped to answer :-( And newer got replacement boards back.

So, 2 of those mashies found new electronics and motor etc. from different channels/brands. 3rd mashine dot't got converted at all, as we where afraid to lose the last set of controllers as well... Lot of time passed...

My issue / questions:
    ================
    Just some time (month?) ago I noticed SYIL has made big steps forward. And some people from CNCzone have converted SX3 to SX4 (electronics only?).

As SYIL is still not answering to me, even not in form of forum PM, could somebody other explain me a littlebit more deeply, what is needed to carry on such a conversion - and where to get parts...

- do I need to replace mill-s motor? I have very early one, and I think SIEG started to use different kind of motors later on SX3 (as last during our controller swap attempt we where informed from SYIL about such issue). So there was some issue, that later SYIL controllers not worked with very early SIEG X3Super motors. If i need to replace motor, what motor do you recommend? Not engraving capabilities needed, just milling aluminium and plastics. Where to get such (I need it for European 250V 50Hz power).

- do I need to replace anything from SYIL initial CNC conversion kit? There was stepper controllers, main board, and if I remember correctly, some display conversion unit to modify SIEG original display to show correct RMP numbers. Was there also some special board to connect SIEG controls to SYIL mainboard.

- what kind of electronics are coming / must be ordered with yellow front panel? Will those replace just SIEG control board (buttons interface), or also something else (there is also 2nd electronics board behind the column (Z-axis back cover) - motors speed control board. Do I need to replace it?).

Additionally, I have SYIL coolant pump (If I recall, SYIL CNC board can control this thru relay). And I liked to have some automated tool changer.

Can I use Syil Canada developed tool changer in that setup? What quick tool changer mechanical product I need - is Tormach the only option?

Hopefully somebody has time to answer, thanks beforehand!

Wbr,
    Ints from Estonia / EU

we lost your contact,i think maybe you sent to @syil.cn email box...

i hope you can sent me your motor and mainboard pic to [email protected]
    then,we can konw which edtion we take from sieg,or replace all parts to x4.

i`m sorry for so much time delay.
    so,expect solve your problem asap.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Unfortunate situation when questions etc. don't get replied to. I got distracted whilst pushing a query and haven't as yet established whether its worthwhile pursuing Syil electronics or going down a third party route.

Hope things work out for you and you get the machines running as you want.

Pictures sent. Basically:

motor control board: FC1000JY(3.0), 050504, 0024, 220V;
    keyboard: serial nr: 0019
    speed display: HomePage Changsha Sunman Electronics CO., Ltd LCM LCD, SMS0324, B6306, S0324AB
    motor: 92ZWX141K, 220V, 3.2Nm, 3500r/min, 1000W, ?0A, IP44.

Not sure, what the amperage rating of motor is, i see only zero and "A" for Amps.

Pictures are here:

Wbr,
    I.

That's got the good motorola chipset on it too.
    Just be careful nothing accidentally gets shorted to chassis. It will fry something.
    The motor will put out more than 1HP.
    Current varies depending on speed, but will pull maybe 5A (mains) at full load.
    Internal motor currents can be higher than this because that what a BrushLessDC can do.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by syil
    we lost your contact,i think maybe you sent to @syil.cn email box...

i hope you can sent me your motor and mainboard pic to [email protected]
    then,we can konw which edtion we take from sieg,or replace all parts to x4.

i`m sorry for so much time delay.
    so,expect solve your problem asap.
    hi,
    i am still waiting your answer / invoice.... sent you everything...

Quote Originally Posted by ints99 View Post
    hi,
    i am still waiting your answer / invoice.... sent you everything...

we quote this parts with motor mainbaord and LCD,with 450$ fob ningbo.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Ok,
    please send me invoice using my private email!

Thanks!

Hello Neil. I am trying to hook up the estop switch on my SX3 Syil conversion. Right now the estop stops the spindle, but not the axis. I would like it to stop all motion. Have you already solved this problem? You helped me out with an xml file a while back.

Thanks,

Harvie Nielsen

There is a 3 pin jumper (marked FREE) on the BOB that will disable the drivers.
    When the ES line on that PCB is high, this line needs to be low.
    That means you need a transistor or inverter to do the job.

Why do you need to do this? If you want to turn the axis manually, just turn the machine off. What is wrong with the cursor keys?
    Using the ESTOP button on a regular basis will destroy the relay on the motor PCB due to surges, when releasing ESTOP.

Mach3 should need a reset when you do ESTOP. Does it? That will stop the motion.

You will also lose reference if you disable the drivers. Or at least the current position if you do not use a referencing procedure (which is not smart).
    DON'T wire direct to the ESTOP switch. You will surely destroy something.
    If you remove front panel, make sure POWER IS OFF.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.