585,977 active members*
4,180 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Visual Mill > Command Toolbar? etc.

Command Toolbar? etc.

I have Visual mill 6 Standard 3 axis.

I have been working on a part and need some assistance. I am trying to put some points in a specific location on a part and the command toolbar doesn't seem to do the trick.

I have looked through all of the instructions in the help, and there is NO mention of the command toolbar at all or what it is for. However, I can click on point, enter the coordinates like it says at x,y,z by using 1,1,1 and when I hit enter, it is waiting on another command I think because it only scrolls up and nothing happens on the part drawing.

Is there a way to place points, etc on this software accurately? I don't even see any information about the "Geometry" toolbar in the getting started guide of any help.

Thanks

Hi

Not sure what you have going on, but when I initiate the point command and type 1,1,1, it points a point there.

Is it possible you can't see them? Maybe put your points on a new layer with a different colour
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

it must have been something with the drawing. I can do it without the file, but not with it. It was imported from Bobcad, so I will try another way.

I wish they would cover the Geometry toolbar in more detail though somewhere and the features. Do you know of any material that does?