585,956 active members*
4,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

AXYZ / Toolpath question

Hi,

I am hoping someone who is using an AXYZ router table can answer a simple question:

We've been using Toolpath to place cutting files on the machine and make cuts for some time. Now, we want to send g-code files to the machine for cutting as well. Is the only way to do this is to use Toolpath to import a g-code file and then send it to the machine, or is there a stand-alone utility available to send a g-code file to it.

If we have to go through Tootlpath, how is the imported g-code file sent to the table for execution?

Thanks in advance,
    "72.6 per cent of all statistics are made up on the spot." - Steven Wright

Import the g code as an NC file, run it through the Toolpath software, and transmit it ti the machine as a .rdy format.

Hi, i dont mean to hijack your post, but im wondering if anyone is using bobcam to program axyz machines? i have a axyz 4008, and i want to use bobcam to program it so i will be able to nest parts and verify, i had it running fine using toolpath, and other programs to draw and nest parts, i just got a new computer and bought bobcam, right now i cant find a driver for axyz usb to rs485 converter box, i will be calling axyz tomorrow to see what they say, any advise is much appreciated

what windows are you running on? bobcad has nothing to do with driver issues toolpath is having because you don't have an rs 232 port and have installed on a new computer. bobcad just writes g code. toolpath is what communicates with the machine....

I am obliged to use toolpath and fail to get on well with it.If I remain with a pre-Vista operating system and only cut two dimensional shapes,it is just barely adequate.If I wish to use more than one set of G-code files on a single part the software will take it upon itself to move the datum and ruin the job.Is there a way to lock in the datum position from the first set of operations?