584,871 active members*
5,101 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ethernet Fanuc 18i-TB

Hi

Im trying to connect our machine to a laptop, i have set the ips like in the book, when i try to ping the laptop i get no response and when pinging from laptop i get reply, for some reason the machine doesn't count the data going when pinging.
    Tried connecting to an FTP on laptop and i get "display error" or something like that.
    Think i have tried everything i can come up with, we have usually used a card to transfer data, don't know if there is a parameter i need to change to allow ethernet?
    First i thought the problem was the windows firewall, but after a while i managed to get around the group policy to turn it off, don't know if there something else blocking, but the machine should count data when pinging!?
    The machine says it's connected ethernet 100, everything looks ok.

Is there something that im missing?

Oh i might need to change the I/O channel Will try that tomorrow.

Yeah try 5 or 9 (cant remember). I know when i extract data using focas the port settings are ignored, but if its wrong it's probably the cause.
    CNC Mate
    www.cncmate.com

Are you connected directly to the PC or through a router? If you're connected directly, you need to use a crossover cable. Through a router, use a straight through cable... just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CNCmakers View Post
    You should try this, similar and much cheaper, detail see attachment.
    Not getting how this could be cheaper than hocking my laptop to my cnc and run ftp (wedge)

Connection on fanuc and computer is ok all light's is green, shouldn't need crossover cable theese days They fixed that some years ago.
    I\O channel 9 didnt work, 5 was out of range. Still no luck, it's prolly something stupid i haven't done yet.
    Any suggestions?
    Does it need reboot after I\O channel change? or something like that?

Prolly stupid question since i could try restart But machin is producing.
    I powered on the other machine todo some tests, seemse like when connected to machine and WLAN it will work, something blocking it on the laptop i guess, will do a reinstall of laptop then a new test..

I'm not in the office until monday morning where i have networked CNC rigs, if you haven't found an answer by then, repost on here to remind me and i'll find you the answer.
    CNC Mate
    www.cncmate.com

Quote Originally Posted by ProToZyKo View Post
    Connection on fanuc and computer is ok all light's is green, shouldn't need crossover cable theese days They fixed that some years ago. < I hook my laptop up directly to Fanuc controls using a CAT-5 crossover cable.

I\O channel 9 didnt work, 5 was out of range. Still no luck, it's prolly something stupid i haven't done yet. < 9 is the correct setting for Embedded Ethernet.

Any suggestions? < Either buy a crossover cable or a hub.

Does it need reboot after I\O channel change? or something like that? < Not after I/O channel change, but I believe it does after Embedded Ethernet parameter change.

Prolly stupid question since i could try restart But machin is producing.
    I powered on the other machine todo some tests, seemse like when connected to machine and WLAN it will work, something blocking it on the laptop i guess, will do a reinstall of laptop then a new test..
    See the attached a .pdf file from Doosan on connecting PC to Embedded Ethernet... please note on page 2 "Hardware Requirements" re: connecting CNC directly to PC.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah this is strange, hate restrictions, when im on WLAN and wired to the machine i can ping my laptop, if i take down WLAN i can't ping it anymore :S
    Anyway it works, will have a talk with the tech that controls the network here to allow me to do this right.
    Typsoft was a better choice than the ftp i used, now i found the ftp and could punch/read. thx dcoupar.
    Anyone know if i can enter directory's from the machine?
    If im in root and i have 10 folders and i want to get a program from folder 5? Or punch a program to that folder or another?
    And one more thing, when punching program it doesn't put .NC after filename, so if i punch O1000 it would be file O1000 not O1000.NC, should be a quick fix?

Ah this is strange, hate restrictions, when im on WLAN and wired to the machine i can ping my laptop, if i take down WLAN i can't ping it anymore :S
    Anyway it works, will have a talk with the tech that controls the network here to allow me to do this right.
    Typsoft was a better choice than the ftp i used, now i found the ftp and could punch/read. thx dcoupar.
    Anyone know if i can enter directory's from the machine? < No. You are limited to the folder specified in the ethernet parameters.
    If im in root and i have 10 folders and i want to get a program from folder 5? Or punch a program to that folder or another?< Same as above.
    And one more thing, when punching program it doesn't put .NC after filename, so if i punch O1000 it would be file O1000 not O1000.NC, should be a quick fix?
    < You don't get to specify a filename or extension. AFAIK, you get what you get.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    < You don't get to specify a filename or extension. AFAIK, you get what you get.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, as they say.
    What about changing folders? Would i have to create 3 different logins to get axx to 3 different folders on the machine? When using FTP?

What about changing folders? Would i have to create 3 different logins to get axx to 3 different folders on the machine? When using FTP?
    I've never tried creating logins to 3 different folders on one PC... don't know if that will work or not.

FYI, Fanuc offers a "Program Transfer Tool" for around $350 that allows drag and drop from the PC to up to 255 Fanucs (i series).

FANUC FA - Program Transfer Tool

Just out of curiosity, did you get it to work with a straight-through cable and no hub?

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I've never tried creating logins to 3 different folders on one PC... don't know if that will work or not.

FYI, Fanuc offers a "Program Transfer Tool" for around $350 that allows drag and drop from the PC to up to 255 Fanucs (i series).

FANUC FA - Program Transfer Tool

Just out of curiosity, did you get it to work with a straight-through cable and no hub?
    Yup that worked, my problems earlier is the group policy restrictions on the laptop i used.
    Going to wire them to the network and set up a proper FTP server, laptop was a test to see how it works with transferring files, and if it worked, would be nice if i could see the first line of the program in the FTP window, maybe it can be done with the right software.
    Program Transfer Tool looks like a better method of transferring files.

I stand corrected. I tried both a straight-through and a crossover cable yesterday, and they BOTH worked. You learn something every day.

Re: Ethernet Fanuc 18i-TB

I'm getting that display error too.
    How did you resolve it? My laptop is running win &. Is this something to do with sharing?
    I'm not able to ping in either direction either.

the problem above was his laptop had some group policy restrictions. a clean/standard install of Windows does not have that problem.
    have you set up the machine and PC network correctly as per the document dcoupar posted above in post#8?
    no ping usually means hardware fault, a setting is not correct or you are not physically connected to the network.

I got "error 265" when connecting CNC machine from a PC, tried many ways but nothing happend. Finally solved by reboot the CNC machine . hope can help some people like this situation. My machine is CNC lathe with FANUC 21iTD.