585,753 active members*
4,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Setting table size

I just got my JGRO up and running for the first time this weekend. While assembling it I managed to break one of my DumpsterCNC AB-nuts so I am not able to run the z-axis, but have both x and y running. I made a pen mount for it so that i could at least seem some fruits of my labor and draw pictures of what i would be routing. very cool. However, there is something wrong with the scale of my machine. When drawing the EMC splash screen g-code "EMC2 Axis" it only draws it about 1/4" tall, i think it is supposed to be larger than that. I also tried making some drawings in Inkscape and converted them with gcodetools and they worked, however they are much smaller than they are supposed to be as well. I don't really know where to start trouble shooting this as this is my first machine and first attempt at using cam and controller software. Any thoughts? Thanks

Congratulations on your new machine. Don't be discouraged by the small problems you're having. You probably need to run the step configuration wizard again. My suspicion is you simply made a math error with your stepper setup. In case you haven't found it yet this is a good guide: http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/EMC2_Getting_Started.pdf

Good luck!